PDA

View Full Version : lighting help, LED lights always on including AP2 taillights

le do
21-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey guys,

so i've got a minor problem and i'm not totally sure why it is. I've tried searching on here and s2ki with no luck of finding anything useful. So i just wanted to see if anyone here has experienced the same thing before. I first noticed this when i went to install LED interior dome lights. basically the lights are always on. i dont even have to turn the engine on, i just have to have the car on so all electronics are working. However with the LED lights they are dim but still very noticeable (refer to picture 1), but when they're on they bright as they should be (refer to picture 2). My passenger ap2 tailight are always dim (refer to picture 3), but thats not so bad because during the day you cant tell and when u turn the lights on at night you cant tell either, but very noticeable in a dark garage. The interior dome lights are the most annoying as they're always dim, and the only way to turn them off is having the switch all the way to off. If its in the middle then it stay dim all the time, unless i open the door or purposely turn them on (i will attach photos to show what i mean) I didn't have this issue when i had ap1 tail lights and the normal yellow interior dome lights.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks :D:thumbsup:

VeYzZii
21-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Did the same happen with the filament lights???

le do
21-06-2012, 10:43 PM
no the same didnt happen with the filament lights

AusS2000
21-06-2012, 11:12 PM
I have a similar issue. I installed LEDs in my dome lights and the left one is always on, but dim. I checked it with a multimeter and in the off position it was seeing 6V. I haven't looked any deeper but must get around to it.

VeYzZii
21-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Maybe use a multimeter. Just test what happens when theres no globe test switches, when there is the LED test switches and with the filament globe tests switchs.. Might help you get an idea of whats going on, seeing that its not happening with the filament globe...

*Didnt see that* ^^

JN7
22-06-2012, 03:35 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?144254-AP2-tail-light-problem

hey mate, hope that thread helps you out.
you'll need to have a bulb hanging around in the boot!

vyets
22-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I never had any problems with interior light, but come to think of it I don't think I checked always good to give it the good old light bulb trick lol.

John check the other thread I replied to your issue if you haven't sorted it out.

le do
22-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Cheers for the replies guys, i'll try the light bulb trick and see how it goes. hopefully this will also help with the interior lights as well. Will give it an update when i get around to it, incase anyone else may have the same problem with the interior lights.