PDA

View Full Version : Toda Fightex or Tein Super Racing? Other High End Sussy?!

89lude
22-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Anyone had experience with both coilovers and have an opinion on which coilover has better handling? Not fussed about ride comfort at all just mainly on outright handling!

Have played with racing specs, zeal b6's, monoflex, zero2's and spoon n1: Now looking for a brand new set of coilovers not sure what I should get with my main purpose of the car being for track and hill climb use?

Happy to consider other recommendations, and input on whether it would be silly to upgrade or will the difference in handling from the above mentioned coilovers be worth the coin? :thumbsup: or :thumbdwn:

damienm
22-06-2012, 12:40 AM
i have the Tein SRCs in my time attack EG and im really happy with it i honestly dont think its that expensive for a coilover that offers adjustments in height, compression and rebound.
I definately felt a difference between the SRCs compared to the tein monoflex's and the spoon n1s.
I think if youre doing hill climb you probably dont want to be using the same spring rates as i do.. 24kg front and 16kg rear

Benson
22-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Adding to Tein SRC, great coilovers/dampers. You gotta understand and know how to adjust bump and rebound, if not then dont bother buying those type of coilovers.

89lude
22-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks Damien, Benny been telling me about these for awhile too...

About seperate bump and rebound adjustments, like you said I got to start somewhere bro.

Just wondering if anyone can compare them to Toda fightex type n1 and type st?

gambate
23-06-2012, 01:36 AM
not sure if this is high end enough, but, i hear some good things about KW V3, keen to try it myself..

EG5
25-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I had Toda Fightex DA in the past , Tein SRC is a better package

raventechracing
21-07-2012, 07:33 PM
What car is this for? DC2?

89lude
21-07-2012, 08:05 PM
yes it is

raventechracing
21-07-2012, 10:51 PM
If you're looking to spend Tein SRC sort of money, then I highly recommend looking at AST Club Sport (5200 Series) or Competition Race (5300 Series) suspension. Check out our thread here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?166330-AST-Suspension-Honda-Product-Range) or PM me for more details.

Tegzieboi_BAR
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
not sure if this is high end enough, but, i hear some good things about KW V3, keen to try it myself..

Have read nothing but good things on these too and great results on track compared to other more expensive setups. Nevertheless they are predominantly street coilovers with good track potential.

ekslut
09-10-2012, 10:07 PM

+1 on these too, although they are a street / track coiliver, I have just installed these on my track only ED civic with great results compared to my old Zeal Super Functions.