PDA

View Full Version : Front Strut Bar [CL9)

Black Euro
22-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Hey guys,
Just been doing some research on front Strut bars for the CL9,
had a look through the forum as well.
Most seems to have the Cusco front strut bar, however i got recommended the Aultec Front Strut a head of the Cusco, J's Racing and Spoon (Spoon - fitment issues).

Has anyone heard anything about them?
Any feedback on the ones you guys have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

ChaosMaster
22-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Depends on what you're after. Most people get Front Strut Bar for the look (I'm considering one). Doesn't really do anything for the car's handling though. I would say grab the best looking one or the cheapest one. J's Racing is made from Carbon Fibre and looks awesome but has a price tag to match.

FAITHLESS
22-06-2012, 04:45 PM
LOL Who gets them for the look???? Front strut bars improve chassis rigidity in the front. You should notice a big difference if you have a stiff suspension setup.

ChaosMaster
22-06-2012, 05:41 PM
LOL Who gets them for the look???? Front strut bars improve chassis rigidity in the front. You should notice a big difference if you have a stiff suspension setup.

..... Can't tell if there is sarcasm in this or not. The CL9's have fairly rigid chassis already, then there's the fact that you'll get more upgrading your rear sway bar than you do front strut bars, especially since the car is FWD. In fact, the front strut bar alone will provide little to no benefit at all to a car that's had no mods done to it, at least the average driver won't notice it.

marquee
22-06-2012, 05:57 PM
most people get cusco but it rubs due to being made for the k20.

Alutec fits good but looks wiered.

I would get ebay strut brace though

Fredoops
22-06-2012, 09:22 PM
get ebay one. it's the same.

alex804
22-06-2012, 09:32 PM
I would rather save the money and do the other mods.

Fredoops
22-06-2012, 09:47 PM
..... Can't tell if there is sarcasm in this or not. The CL9's have fairly rigid chassis already, then there's the fact that you'll get more upgrading your rear sway bar than you do front strut bars, especially since the car is FWD. In fact, the front strut bar alone will provide little to no benefit at all to a car that's had no mods done to it, at least the average driver won't notice it.

Id disagree, however I have both top and bottom bars.

Having just the RSB make the rear end of the car react better, however having the front all locked up makes the euro more reactive during initial turn in.

FAITHLESS
22-06-2012, 11:04 PM

My bad then. I don't know CL9's. Just know that whenever I've installed them on cars, I've noticed a huge difference. Very pronounced.

sodaz
23-06-2012, 12:59 PM
The front strut brace makes a difference for sure. It stiffens up the front end and the steering becomes more direct as a result.

kryptonite
23-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Hey guys,
Just been doing some research on front Strut bars for the CL9,
had a look through the forum as well.
Most seems to have the Cusco front strut bar, however i got recommended the Aultec Front Strut a head of the Cusco, J's Racing and Spoon (Spoon - fitment issues).

Has anyone heard anything about them?
Any feedback on the ones you guys have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

I have the alutec front and the progress 22m rear sway. (from Heeltoe)

Been sitting in the garage for almost 6 months....lol

too much to do, so little time (that and Im lazy)

HuyT
23-06-2012, 09:17 PM
The steering wheel gets lighter aswell, after I installed the strut bar, or it could just be something weird about my cl9.

Fredoops
23-06-2012, 09:45 PM
The steering wheel gets lighter aswell, after I installed the strut bar, or it could just be something weird about my cl9.

In theory it does affect steering response and feedback. so I dunno it probably does

aaronng
23-06-2012, 11:46 PM
When I installed the front strut bar, I couldn't tell a difference.

When I installed the front lower arm bar, steering response improved significantly!

Black Euro
24-06-2012, 06:49 PM
When i had my prelude i had a neuspeed front strut on it....it made the front end so firm and taking corners it seemed so much more stable...
And im hoping it will be like that with the CL9.

Has one got the spoon strut?

Black Euro
24-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I have the alutec front and the progress 22m rear sway. (from Heeltoe)

Been sitting in the garage for almost 6 months....lol

too much to do, so little time (that and Im lazy)

If your not gonna install it ill buy them both of ya :P

dereko92
26-06-2015, 05:17 PM
*Bump*

Does anyone know where in Perth I can get one? Or should I just get it from eBay?