PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen Help

subwayboy
08-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey guys,
I need to know befor i start work on my car if the clear side indecators just slide forward and then out??
also if any one could give me some info on changing the lower front bumper lights aswell.

Thanks in Advnace

John

28RAG
08-03-2005, 02:09 PM
side indis....get a small flat head screw driver and pop them out on the side that has the metal "prong"

front indis....youll need a long phillips head and get in behind the indi from the radiator opening and unscrew the single screw there then you shoul;d be able to push them out

Benji
08-03-2005, 04:58 PM
have a look at thread about clearing out the bumper indicators under 'Articles/Reviews'

subwayboy
08-03-2005, 07:00 PM
thanks alot guys

ICACHA
10-05-2005, 12:47 PM
subwayboy, your PM's are full so I'll post here...

Sorry I'm no good with the 4th, 5th generation thingie. Can you tell me year of the car?

I've got an accord myself, it's a 94 model.

I have moved my fuse box and bonnet release to free up the kick panel for such an install. I had my Dyn MW150 (5 3/4) in the kick so the 4 inch should be no issues. Just depends if your car is the same...

George

poid
10-05-2005, 06:31 PM
i'm planning to do the same to properly install my Dyns ;)

where did you relocate the fusebox to?

ICACHA
10-05-2005, 11:36 PM
not far from where it was. straight up :D

poid
11-05-2005, 07:16 PM
thats what i wanted to hear :D

28RAG
11-05-2005, 07:41 PM
is it worth having speakers in the kick panels?

ICACHA
11-05-2005, 08:03 PM
i take it you've never heard a car with speakers in the kicks?

try to imagine this, you are sitting on a couch in a room BETWEEN 2 speakers i.e. listening to an artist (only 2 speakers thou).

the singer is directly in front of you AND the most important part of this is the speakers are at EQUAL path lengths to your ears.

you will always get a centre image (singers voice) unless the artist has gone cheap on the recording.

the tweeters and/or mids in the kicks bring the speakers at CLOSE to equal path lengths to your ears. thats where angles and attenuation come into play.

you ULTIMATE goal is to have a HIGH stage (where you hear the different instruments placed where they actually are on the recording stage playing) dash level lets say. and the IMAGE (the singer) SHOULD be tight and in the centre of your dash, also high (lets say between the dash and the rear view mirror).

also if you can using time alignment (not always possible) try to re-create DEPTH, the performers (singer/s and imstruments) sound like they are playing in your engine bay. i've only achieved this with one car and now it has been stripped waiting to go into a new car that the customer purchases sometime in the future.

so what you are actually trying to do is re-create that 2 speaker job in your room on the couch in your car with you sitting to one side. VERY HARD TO DO, you can spend weeks if not months with placment of your front speakers.

now you might ask how about rear speakers, well i say YOU DON'T NEED THEM. the reason being is that your car is full of glass, plastic & vinyl which those materials REFLECT sound waves (bounce the sound waves around the car).

my question to you is, have you ever seen a CINEMA without carpet on the walls?
and the answer to that question SHOULD be NO! the car is and always be the hardest room to re-create what is perfected at home in a controlled environment.

does that answer why kicks are the MOST sort after spot to place high frequency speakers and IF it's possible the kick (such as E36 and previous BMW's) is also the best place for the midwoofer. having all the speakers (you can try coaxial speakers) in the kick can also make the stage seem light it's in front of you rather than to the sides when the midbass hits. cars with large kicks would be the best option there.

the subsonic frequencies should not over power the front stage (speakers) as it tends to drag your stage back. i know in this IMPERFECT world there are more bassheads than there are normal people so we tend to sell what makes money and not what is pleasant to the ear. bass sells and sound quality doesnt as any IDIOT can put too much bass in a car, but there are FEW that can make it sound SWEET!!! :)

poid
11-05-2005, 08:22 PM
too true, rears are not needed and usually the system sounds better without them.

I'll have to make do with just the mids and maybe the tweets in the kicks, not enough room for the 7" bastards in an accord :(

The only problem in car is that no matter how good you get the stage and the system balanced, as soon as you turn the key you're back to having farked sound in comparison (unless you have sounds deadened the shite out of the thing)

toE
11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
err..it's all good and informative ICACHA, but the topic at hand is tips on removing side indicators....or isn't it? :)

ICACHA
11-05-2005, 11:11 PM
subwayboy PMed me and his PM's are all full so I posted for him here regarding what he asked me and it took off from there :D

ICACHA
11-05-2005, 11:12 PM
too true, rears are not needed and usually the system sounds better without them.

I'll have to make do with just the mids and maybe the tweets in the kicks, not enough room for the 7" bastards in an accord :(

The only problem in car is that no matter how good you get the stage and the system balanced, as soon as you turn the key you're back to having farked sound in comparison (unless you have sounds deadened the shite out of the thing)

yep you hit the nail on the head. i even went to the length of putting underlay under my carpet and behind the boot trim panels. still have to do the back doors and boot area and also a fireproof sound deadener under the bonnet.

subwayboy
12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
thanks mate veryy important, i am going to clear my PM's could you reply to the question of you making a set for me?
Thanks once again

ICACHA
12-05-2005, 11:46 AM
here you go, reply and note that your PM's are full in one :)

subwayboy, your PM's are full so I'll post here...

Sorry I'm no good with the 4th, 5th generation thingie. Can you tell me year of the car?

I've got an accord myself, it's a 94 model.

I have moved my fuse box and bonnet release to free up the kick panel for such an install. I had my Dyn MW150 (5 3/4) in the kick so the 4 inch should be no issues. Just depends if your car is the same...

George

subwayboy
12-05-2005, 01:04 PM
my car is a 94/95 model accord

ICACHA
12-05-2005, 05:34 PM
so i hope my answers above are enough for you then?

subwayboy
13-05-2005, 01:13 PM
yes thankyou

28RAG
13-05-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah ive heard of speakers in the kick panels, i know a few of the guys at maroochy car sound (one of aus's biggest car audio places) aswell as the ENV17 ek civic, so i know what they are but never listened to the difference