PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some RCA cables?

ouch
25-06-2012, 12:35 AM
hey guys,

looking over my system im thinking my RCA cables are letting me down and as a result i got some static coming through. Can anyone recommend me some RCA cables? Best bang for your buck?

cheeeeeeeers

kristrifo
25-06-2012, 01:54 PM
dunno about bang for your buck, but stinger have some good quality cables

Drifter995
25-06-2012, 02:37 PM
If you have static, I doubt it's your rca's... unless you have absolute crap ones with no shielding perhaps... I'd say check your grounds, and if you really want to upgrade your rca's, put a budget up and how many cables you need, so we don't recommend a product which will cost you like $200 for 3 cables

fitme
26-06-2012, 10:03 AM
speaker cables should be away from your power cable to minimize or to get rid of the static

Drifter995
26-06-2012, 11:57 AM
speaker cables should be away from your power cable to minimize or to get rid of the static

Negative (Or negative from memory)... They can both be run together... the general idea is to keep rca's away from Power wire... but even then, it's not really needed. It's just precaution... I've had a car with all of them run down the same side, and it sounded absolutely fine, no whining what so ever... But even still, Keeping them separate is a good idea.

But yeah... Grounds...

ouch
26-06-2012, 02:41 PM
im almost certain its the RCAs. when i unplug them there isnt any static. plus, they are pretty shit. fusions or something. need 3 sets for two splits and subwoofer.

Drifter995
26-06-2012, 03:02 PM
How much are you willing to spend? Again, so we don't offer you over the top expensive ones... otherwise stinger pro3 ones are decent, for $50~ a piece.

ouch
26-06-2012, 10:55 PM
something below 50 dollars for a pair, guys!

Drifter995
27-06-2012, 12:00 AM
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=108342
I had these in my eg if I recall correctly... did the job well. had no noise, no issues :D

kristrifo
27-06-2012, 12:29 AM
whats the voltage on your pre-outs on your head deck?

that could also be your issue...

TbM
27-06-2012, 08:02 AM
to OP what headunit you using? it would be very unlikly that all your rcas are rooted its morew likely a grounding issue or cable routing issue imo, best to check first instead of throwing money at the problem.

If you have static, I doubt it's your rca's... unless you have absolute crap ones with no shielding perhaps... I'd say check your grounds, and if you really want to upgrade your rca's, put a budget up and how many cables you need, so we don't recommend a product which will cost you like $200 for 3 cables
+1 i doubt its the rcas unless they are unshielded or damaged, id check the grounds first then if they are intact id check where the rcas have been run, they should be run down the opposite side of the car to your harness and power wire to avoid interferance.

i think you mean rca's

TbM
27-06-2012, 08:05 AM
im almost certain its the RCAs. when i unplug them there isnt any static. plus, they are pretty shit. fusions or something. need 3 sets for two splits and subwoofer.
unplugging them proves nothing, your removing the source signal so ofcourse the static will stop.

whats the voltage on your pre-outs on your head deck?

that could also be your issue...
What?

kristrifo
27-06-2012, 01:29 PM
unplugging them proves nothing, your removing the source signal so ofcourse the static will stop.

What?

with a lower preout voltage the signal could pick up interference over a longer RCA cable am i correct?

fitme
28-06-2012, 04:56 PM

i think you mean rca's

idealy both rca and speaker cable should be away from the power cable..

TbM
30-06-2012, 01:09 AM
with a lower preout voltage the signal could pick up interference over a longer RCA cable am i correct?
the lower the signal the more susceptible to interference but I've never seen/heard of that being the problem/solution, usually cable routing or grounding is the issue. lowest pre out I've seen/worked with was 2v and with a proper install there was no problem with interference.

idealy both rca and speaker cable should be away from the power cable..
Yes ideally that's how its installed but I know of many that have run the speaker wires with the power wire with no issues, also the factory routing for speaker wires is usually along side power wires for your door electrics ect, If you could explain how a power wire can cause audible interference to speaker wire I would be interested to hear it.

fitme
02-07-2012, 12:01 PM
^maybe its a case to case basis, well i experienced that i have a whining sound when my amp power cable is very close to my rca/speaker wire...but when i re-route my power cable the whining sound was 100% gone...