PDA

View Full Version : Spare Euro key - I'm bored hence the question

blueeuro
08-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Would switching every 12 months and using the spare (other) key to my Euro extend the life of the battery in either key ?

I just wonder if the key sitting in the draw doing nothing would it be better off being used to share the load. As the title states I was bored and wonder if anyone has an educated opinion on this.

Paul

h22a accord
08-03-2005, 05:06 PM
i would think that the less you use a battery the longer its life would be.

jebus, are watching paint dry or something hahahaha.

civic__dd
08-03-2005, 06:40 PM
They are lithium batteries so no that’s not going to help. They will run out when they run out sadly. Does the key look like it is serviceable? If you can get into the key you can buy the batteries for $3-6 bucks from battery world. If not Honda will charge you an arm and a leg but that’s what you have gota pay.

aaronng
08-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Some keys actually lose their coding if the battery is taken out. So be prepared.

Stargazer
09-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Hmmm, this just got me thinking....

How about a current coming through the ignition that charges your key battery while it's in!

Woo, I must be bored too!

blueeuro
09-03-2005, 08:55 AM

How about a current coming through the ignition that charges your key battery while it's in!

Excellent idea, let Honda know ASAP :D .

aaronng
09-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Just don't start the car when your hands are wet. :D

Pum[Z]
09-03-2005, 03:23 PM

BMW does that with their cars. When the key is in the ignition it recharges the battery of the key... I was suprised Honda didn't do that as well when i first bought the car....

yfin
09-03-2005, 06:22 PM
']BMW does that with their cars. When the key is in the ignition it recharges the battery of the key... I was suprised Honda didn't do that as well when i first bought the car....

The problem is rechargeable batteries will need replacing too. I would rather buy a readily available lithium battery for my Euro for $5 once every few years then stuff around trying to source the BMW rechargeable one.

Pum[Z]
09-03-2005, 06:43 PM
True that...

But BMW owners usually have money to burn so that shouldn't be a prb :D