PDA

View Full Version : new driver axle woes - cl9 6MT

roony
27-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey guys. Today had my whole right (drivers) side axle replaced due to shaking at higher speeds. The changed resolved it mostly, I could not feel any shaking. The very slight roughness in the steering wheel I attributed it to the road (or the left inner joint not being 100%).

Driving home I noticed two new issues that weren't present before. There was a fair bit of stop and go traffic. My car was making squealing noises while driving at low speeds. The noise was like when the brake pad wear indicators start, but more higher pitched. When I apply the brakes it stops. Went away too while driving above 20-30km (for the most part).

Second issue is intense shaking under the feet when turning left at speeds greater than 20km/h. Doesn't have to be a sharp left but I first noticed getting off a exit ramp. The whole car didnt shake but intense shaking under my feet (very specific area it felt like). Right turning seemed ok (though didnt get much of a chance to test it).

Do you think the mechanic did a big stuff up or maybe damaged the other side in the process? Im not happy that the mechanic didnt pick up on these things. Thanks

DVS-00R
28-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Your second issue could be CV joints or even suspension.

I would also suggest a wheel alignment since the whole right side was replaced.