PDA

View Full Version : Park light fuse

98vtir
06-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello chaps,

The 7.5amp fuse keeps blowing on my tail light circuit, can anyone recommend places to check for shorts, earthing or otherwise? I'd rather fix the problem than put in a bigger fuse.

After changing it last night it was working for about 40 mins total drive time; I drove a few diff places, when I got home it was blown.

Any suggestions will be appreciated :)

IV73CI
06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
1) are you using or have replace the standard incandescent bulbs to LED types?

2) are you using the correct wattage as per oem recommended max wattage for the bulbs?

3) are there any water in your front or rear light assembly?

98vtir
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
1) I'm using Supercheap brand 1156 incandescent bulbs and have been for years.

2) I'm assuming I have since they're ones I've used for a long time and no dramas till now.

3) I can't see water in any of the housings or assemblies, it's all dry.

I'll take out my park light bulbs from the tail lights and drive round with my head lights on, if the fuse blows that'll tell me it's not the bulbs and somewhere intermittent. If not then I assume it's something to do with the tail light assembly.

98vtir
09-07-2012, 04:03 PM
lol turns out my inverter for the CCFL halo park lights had fallen down onto the alternator pulley/belt and chomped it a bit, could have been a lot worse :P easy fix with a soldering iron :D

IV73CI
10-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Fuu .. Gotta be careful dude with all these wiring loose and shit. Cable tie the unit so that it wont happen again..

If u had a fuel leak and sparks are happening in ur engine bay, imagine the fireworks bro?

Glad u sorted it out...

98vtir
12-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah it would not be pretty; I would probably cry. Thanks :)

hmetro24
12-07-2012, 08:50 PM
you may have short circuit or bad ground, Check wires that goes to the brake light. Wires goes under the carpet driver side to the back , and you have a ground in the back of the car in the boat.
Use only the same fuse.