PDA

View Full Version : Parrott MKI9100 install probs 09 Euro with Premium Sound (alpine)

lee.haakmeester
06-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Hi,

I've had a problem having a Parrott MKi9100 installed. Installer initially confident they could install without a harness, now say they need one but don't know which. Anyone advise their experience or point to the right supplier of a relevant harness or experienced installer in Adelaide (inner north side ideally).

Mr.DC2
07-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Iv got that same mki9100 kit in my 07 euro, I brought the harness off eBay $12 think from memory and fitted my self, it was very basic.

A harness is the best way to go unless you want to cut up your factory loom it can be done without a harness but.

You need harness code : PD000112AA
You can double check your self here : http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/installationdiagrams

Just select your kit make model year and your harness type / code will come up

Good luck

Alexplicit
07-07-2012, 08:04 AM
factory loom > parrot > headunit. if you need anyhelp send me a pm. im a fitter by trade and can help you do anything you need :)

if you dont want to hack factory loom, you will need a Honda (whatever your model is) > ISO . that will make it a plug'n'play job

lee.haakmeester
10-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi all here's two solutions.

KRAM cables and extension from Strike - full functionality but a bit pricey,

or

got a solution today with a very competent installer - they use a separate speaker for the Bluetooth side of things and link the AUX output from the Parrott blue box to the AUX input in the car - means it's not quite as seemless when you want to play music as you have to select Aux in on the stereo as well, but no biggie for me and a saves $200 in KRAM cables and extension leads. They clearly have figured out how to do the muting with this solution but hope this may give others a hint on how to approach it in the future.

I now have this installed using the second option, all works fairly well, however volume with the separate speaker isn't easily adjusted, sound quality for calls is acceptable and usable but not as clear as using the stereo speakers. This may be because the new speaker is small and really tucked away.
Installer in Adelaide MobileTek did an excellent job - first class operation - I'd recommend them