PDA

View Full Version : Savini BM 1s

Fezlington
07-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Greetings everyone

Today I had a set of 20 x 8s installed on my cu2

Rims are 20 x 8.5, with 225/35/20 sumitomo's.... Not sure of the offset

My concern is that the Tyre Factory sunshine where I got them from had to use a spacer on the front so rim had better clearance on the caliper

Looking at the car from the front, the rim slightly sits outside of the guard

Should I be worried?

I want to get it lowered as well.....don't want to be force to roll guards and so on ...the car is only a week old....the miss us will rip my head off

Anyone else had the same issues?

felixd
08-07-2012, 12:44 AM
PICS brao

tony1234
08-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Greetings everyone

Today I had a set of 20 x 8s installed on my cu2

Rims are 20 x 8.5, with 225/35/20 sumitomo's.... Not sure of the offset

My concern is that the Tyre Factory sunshine where I got them from had to use a spacer on the front so rim had better clearance on the caliper

Looking at the car from the front, the rim slightly sits outside of the guard

Should I be worried?

I want to get it lowered as well.....don't want to be force to roll guards and so on ...the car is only a week old....the miss us will rip my head off

Anyone else had the same issues?
Sounds like those rims are the wrong offset for a Euro and they've done a dodgy.Take it back and tell them you want rims with the correct offset to suit a Euro.Approx.+45

Fezlington
08-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks Tony, that's what I'm gonna do.... Haven't driven the car all day today...... Been pissed off all day

They better fix the issue tomorrow

Fezlington
08-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Can anyone here with 20s on a cu2 tell me the exact offset required so it clears the front calipers?

Jasemas
08-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Pics bro
And we'll go from there

Fezlington
08-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Pics bro
And we'll go from there

Hey jasemas

I don't have any pics, and I'm not sure what posting pics would achieve

It's a My13 Accord Euro, which I believe would be the same as any other 8th Gen Euro

nxn75u
10-07-2012, 11:07 AM
offsets of +55 and below should clear it perfectly as the stock wheels we have is +55. Correct me if im wrong about the stock wheels offset.

It would be great if you know your current wheel offset. I am running 20x8 +42 on the front and it fits perfectly clearing brakes and no scrubbing issues even with lowered springs.

Rims sitting outside the guards is allright as long as you are not lowering it. But in some cases scrubbing issues might occur under tight turns or hitting bumps at high speeds.

Fezlington
11-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks nxn75u, I plan on lowering it........can't roll on 20s and not dump it

For now I will just run pedders sports Ryder's and then get coil overs for it

Settled on a set of advanti sonic wheels.... Will upload pics on the weekend once it's all done

Can I ask what tyres your running?

Ando.L
12-07-2012, 12:21 AM
If the cops pull you up and notice the wheels sticking out of the guards.. Its defectable.