PDA

View Full Version : water leak fd2

11-07-2012, 05:17 PM
hey guys,

i noticed a damp patch under my car fd2 this morning, and whilst at work i took notice and seems to have a small water leak. not sure where its coming from, but ive checked it and its water. has anyone else noticed or had the same experience? any ideas what this could be?

cheers,

black8thgen
11-07-2012, 05:20 PM
yes i had that issue like one month into owning the car.

it came from my A/C system. there was a small leak in the piping and water was leaking out. check under ur passenger and driver side footwells and see if the mats are damp or soaked in water cos that's where my water also was.

ur problem could be different but chances are its the aircon, which isnt too bad =D

11-07-2012, 05:36 PM
sigh... ive only had the car for a month aswell.... :(
if its the same case how much did it cost u to repair?

black8thgen
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Free lol car should be under warranty!=]

androo
11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
OP, to confirm, is the 'water leak' inside the car? Or outside, under the car? If it is under the car, it may just be the drain from the aircon. If so then it is 100% normal. To confirm, do your normal drive without the aircon on. Stop and check under your car. Is there any water? Repeat WITH the air conditioner on. You should find that without the aircon on, there should be no water, but with the aircon on, there is. If you can get under your car, you will find a small drain tube towards the middle (closer to the front) of the car where the water is coming from. This is perfectly normal.

11-07-2012, 11:36 PM
the car is 2008 so outta warranty... :(
the water puddle was under the car when i parked it last night, and also a puddle formed whilst i was at work. i do drive with the heater on, i use the climate control, does that activate the a/c? it just displays the tempurature and fan speed, should i select a/c off? the water puddle seems to form even when the car is turned off...