PDA

View Full Version : King Springs for Civic FD

Baygon
11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey guys not sure if its the right place to post this.. moderators please move if it isn't.

Anyway i know this is a widely discussed topic. I am planning to lower my Civic FD and I've come across alot of mixed reviews about King Springs, about how their Sh*t, sagging problems etc, even though they are cheap for their price. Just wondering if anyone has any info/feedback about them? Any would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

HmGLuCaS
11-07-2012, 10:41 PM
imo i would go coilovers, with extra dosh its bang for its buck. Do it once and do it right

Baygon
11-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Dont want to go coilovers cause they're too expensive.. i just wanna lower it for the looks.

Ando.L
12-07-2012, 12:00 AM
have you considered Eibach + Koni combo?

Baygon
12-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Yeah i've had a look at them already, but judging from the price might as well go coils.. any info on King Springs? What do you guys think of it?

senna
12-07-2012, 08:40 AM
imo i would go coilovers, with extra dosh its bang for its buck. Do it once and do it right

You can't say "Do it once do it right" while recommending coilovers for a street car, how do you know if coilovers are right for his application?

Kings are fine if all you want to do is lower it a bit. The price has nothing to do with quality. Eibach is more expensive here because they are imported - in the US Eibach is the same price there as Kings are here...

DuffyFD
12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Do the right thing. = coilovers.

Every car I've bought springs for, I've bought or been wanting coils afterwards..

senna
12-07-2012, 03:46 PM
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu315/cashsfotos/th_BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

curtis265
12-07-2012, 03:54 PM
do your research first guys

there's a billion threads about spring/shock vs coils

and even about kingspring shittyness

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu315/cashsfotos/th_BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

hahaha

Baygon
12-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Called up King Springs and they do it $300 delivered for a set.. Might as well put in a bit extra and get teins instead.. Nice avatar curtis hahahaha

curtis265
12-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Called up King Springs and they do it $300 delivered for a set.. Might as well put in a bit extra and get teins instead.. Nice avatar curtis hahahaha

Thanks bro, haha

how much are these tein springs?

Baygon
12-07-2012, 07:43 PM
$350-$380ish. Skunk2 is a good brand right?

simonhaha
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
im also thinking of lowering my FD civic too, would you be putting King/Eibach springs on stock shockS? or get them all changed?

curtis265
12-07-2012, 09:12 PM
$350-$380ish. Skunk2 is a good brand right?

skunk2 isnt bad i think. the also make coilover conversion kits like ground control :)

Baygon
12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
im also thinking of lowering my FD civic too, would you be putting King/Eibach springs on stock shockS? or get them all changed?

It works but apparently your shocks dont last as long as they are meant to

CrystalSkull
12-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Dont want to go coilovers cause they're too expensive.. i just wanna lower it for the looks.

Put your money to something else, keep your car looking good by keeping it tidy.... Stock ground clearance is low already; maybe I'm just getting old and had too many suv fog lights blinding my rear vision.

In any case save as much as you can and get it right the first time.

Baygon
12-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Put your money to something else, keep your car looking good by keeping it tidy.... Stock ground clearance is low already; maybe I'm just getting old and had too many suv fog lights blinding my rear vision.

In any case save as much as you can and get it right the first time.

you know i've been actually thinking about that and i thought exactly the same. Gonna hurt me everytime i go over something and scrape.. but car looks funny with a kit on and at stock height so eh, last major mod anyway.. hopefully

Stevil
13-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Stock springs are crap, you really only need to be careful with driveways with mid drop springs. Underbody bracing is more of an issue with with FD series, speed bumps taken too fast are a prick. Baygon my offer still stands with Eibach, I need em for 22nd this month (trackday) but If ya keen I'll help you install em on the front towards the end of the month, I didn't do my rears as I ran out of time but it shouldn't be too hard. I drove with the stockshock for about 30,000km and they handled it fine (including a couple of trackdays, that will give you time to sort out some shocks if you decide to upgrade.

curtis265
13-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Shocks will blow only if they're oldish. they sort of 'wear in' at a certain height and seal nicely much like a piston ring.

If you lower it once it's well worn in, it might upset things

Baygon
13-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Stock springs are crap, you really only need to be careful with driveways with mid drop springs. Underbody bracing is more of an issue with with FD series, speed bumps taken too fast are a prick. Baygon my offer still stands with Eibach, I need em for 22nd this month (trackday) but If ya keen I'll help you install em on the front towards the end of the month, I didn't do my rears as I ran out of time but it shouldn't be too hard. I drove with the stockshock for about 30,000km and they handled it fine (including a couple of trackdays, that will give you time to sort out some shocks if you decide to upgrade.

My shocks are still fairly new i guess, bought the car last year and done almost 30,000 kms.

threesix
13-07-2012, 06:33 PM
ive got pedders springs and they have been fine. 3 years no probs.

stock height is like a ****ing 4x4!! lol

hiepness
27-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Recently got Tein Lowering Springs Put in (25mm drop). They're quite good. Just i guess the issue here is no longer the springs. But how often the shocks are meant to be replaced. I also got a kit on. and iono about sydney but for QLD the legal heights 10cm off the ground. With the Mugen RR kit and the Tein springs. Lowest point is about 12-15cms. speed bumps are a bitch if you drive straight onto it of course. try going sideways :)