PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey modding help

Wisp
12-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Hope this is the right spot....if not can mods please move...thank you

Wonder if some of the other oddy owners (or Honda guys in general) can point me in the right direction to mod this new toy.
Looking of more show than go (that might come later) so kits, rims, suspension, exhaust and air intake are the first point of call.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :D

IV73CI
12-07-2012, 07:03 PM
you can buy the OEM factory aero kits (if u dont already have).

i believe they come in different types/designs.

but yes - coilovers, wheels would be the first thing i would do.

black tints also makes the car look good too.

DakDak
16-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Maybe even shock and spring combo? No point in coilovers unless the are <5-6kg spring rates. It will make your family car really stiff and uncomfortable.

evolution
16-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Get coilovers, it's easier to find than shock and combo kits for the RB1.

I use to run Tanabe NF210 Lowering springs... it wasn't low enough and handling wasn't all that good even with sway bars, hence I switched to coilovers.

I'm running a Taiwanese brand coilover (12 kgf front and 15 kgf rear) and they are pretty comfortable... to me anyway. I've heard that Tein Super Wagon running 10 kgf springs and people find them too soft after a while.

As to where to get the parts, most likely you will have to source them from Japan if you don't want to pay an arm and leg for them... especially the exhaust. RB1's only have catback systems and they are around the $2k mark brand new.

IV73CI
16-07-2012, 01:48 PM
^^ Coilovers FTW!

fcuk spring and strut combos! lol

at least with coilovers you can adjust damper and height as you please...

DakDak
16-07-2012, 02:37 PM
I used to think that.

I used about 4 different sets of coilovers. Racing Spec Tanabe ones, Silver Racing Neomax, Tein super streets, Cusco o2E

If I lived on a race track I'd go coilover. But because I live in South West Sydney where the roads are crap, I'd go shock and spring.

Im getting some Koni yellows. They're damper adjustable. And I know I want a 1 inch drop so im going king springs.

I got sucked into thinking coilovers were the best because they are height adjustable. But once you get that height you want, you arent going to change them anyway. Unless its too low and you get defected and need to revert back to stock.

Just my two cents. I absolutely adhored driving the tanabes on road.

IV73CI
16-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I used to think that.

I used about 4 different sets of coilovers. Racing Spec Tanabe ones, Silver Racing Neomax, Tein super streets, Cusco o2E

If I lived on a race track I'd go coilover. But because I live in South West Sydney where the roads are crap, I'd go shock and spring.

Im getting some Koni yellows. They're damper adjustable. And I know I want a 1 inch drop so im going king springs.

I got sucked into thinking coilovers were the best because they are height adjustable. But once you get that height you want, you arent going to change them anyway. Unless its too low and you get defected and need to revert back to stock.

Just my two cents. I absolutely adhored driving the tanabes on road.
^^ nice bro ..

i guess we all have own sense of taste :)

but yes syd roads are shit, but with so much defecting going around ...id be safe :) with height adjustables.