PDA

View Full Version : H22A Crx

german
23-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Some of you will most likely know of this car, the chameleon crx from i think it's either nsw or vic with the h22a conversion.

What i'm wanting to know is exactly what has he done to it?

All I know about is paint job and engine conversion..but nothing about specs and internals and all that.

Can anyone fill me in?

Damo

crx2gen
23-12-2003, 05:44 PM
I believe Online Performance did the conversion. Check out there website, from memory it had some pics/basic explanation. To be honest, there are far stronger engines you could drop into a CRX with less hassles.

german
23-12-2003, 06:09 PM
I know that, but it's not very often you see something like that, that has had a good job done it.

I was orginally going to get crx with b16a, then i noticed the h22a(thanks to WAN10 civic), but now it's most likely going to be b16a conversion.

Just checked online perfomance, they only have pics.

mo
23-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Lmao imho H22A would probably be a bitch to drop into a CRX engine bay compared to a B16A and the price of both the engines as well.

the_dude
23-12-2003, 07:45 PM
its not a hard conversion if you know the right info, it is a solid weld in conversion, a guy on the gold coast did it in one day on a hoast

they cut some metal out, unpicked the original mounts, and then welded the new ones in after lowering the engine into the bay, then bolted all this new gear in, and it was ready for wiring, plumbing,radiator etc etc etc etc etc etc etc like any other conversion i guess ;)

theres proper conversion kits for it (this guy had his obviously)

mo
23-12-2003, 08:36 PM
And fitting a H22A into a CRX or Civic would unbalance the car lmao.

the_dude
23-12-2003, 08:42 PM

but so does putting a "fully sik" set of subs in a big box in the boot!!
the engine weighs some 60lbs more? is that true? even if its 60kgs more, its still the same kind of area that ppl have as sub boxes in there boots

bennjamin
23-12-2003, 08:50 PM

but so does putting a "fully sik" set of subs in a big box in the boot!!
the engine weighs some 60lbs more? is that true? even if its 60kgs more, its still the same kind of area that ppl have as sub boxes in there boots

Id rather have 60 pounds more in the boot than over the front wheels anyday dood...ALTHO i would never be caught dead with subs ;)

*THINK* balance...*THINK* what a FWD car does due to most weight in the front....

the_dude
23-12-2003, 08:56 PM
point taken
ive been in a h22a crx, and did not find it to "offset"
mind you it had proper set-up suspension for the "track" or extra weight, i can't remember what he was talking about ;)

mo
23-12-2003, 08:57 PM
LOL why would I want to have fully sick subs in my boot anyways?

A'PEXi
23-12-2003, 09:22 PM
theres a video of it on the online per. site..... its got a painted valve cover if that helps? hahahah

Setanta
23-12-2003, 10:33 PM
What people don't think about with this conversion is that the metal they cut out is off the crossmembers and that the motor weighs a ton. It reduces the effectiveness according to people at Hybrid Honda who have seen/done it.

It's a shocker in the ED/EF series, better suited to the EGs - but not by much as it's a straight line warriors motor.

CR-VTEC with the B20 is a much better approach by a long shot in terms of dynamics. The K series motors are also starting to see their way into ED/EFs in the States and they also weigh considerably less. BTW - that 30 odd kilos of extra weight? That's compared to a B series, not a D series motor - it' a lot more compared to the SOHC motors in the US.