PDA

View Full Version : CVT D Mode and S Mode

Zimp13
09-03-2005, 05:07 PM
CVT Jazz, wats the difference between D mode in manual and S mode in manual? Both are 7 speed.... Yet i found S mode in manual is more powerful... also if just in S mode auto it revs higher than the D mode auto. Please dont tell me to check the manual. If dont wanna answer then dont.

ahcash
09-03-2005, 06:55 PM
I want to answer I want to answer.... "check the manual ..." Ha... Just kidding

D mode in manual = the car rev depending on your foot on the pedal...
S mode in Manual = the car rev depending on your finger on the button or shift pedal.

Seriously, if you step on the accelerator hard while in D mode, it goes revving hard until it sense the need for a gear change... that was what happen to me the other day when I step on the pedal and it revvs until 4500rpm by itself before deciding to change gear ..

If in S mode, you get to control when you need to change the gear = more fun...

Zimp13
09-03-2005, 08:04 PM
oooo.... i c.....
wat about s mode in the auto? it revs higher than d mode in auto....
i like to use s mode in manual now than the d mode in manual....

FIT
10-03-2005, 09:38 PM
s is the sports mode, hold the revs higher and more responsive. only use it when you want to feel its raw power

ahcash
10-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Very confusing now.. S+D=R. :D
Zimp13, whatever you feel comfortable with man.. sometimes I use all 3 modes in a journey. CVT, D-Manual, S-Manual.

D-Manual = Manual mode in D, the tranny will change gear itself depending on your need...

S-Manual = Manual mode/Sport, you change your own gear.. More fun... Rev as high as you like...

I find that the D-Manual confuse itself sometimes..(need to mention this to the service next time..) It revs pretty high sometimes when I am not pushing it.. in other words, when I am driving easily and feel the need to change gear, the tranny pull the certain gear too long and revs high...

Villains
11-03-2005, 11:39 AM
i thought S = Short Shift
D = Drive

Zimp13
11-03-2005, 11:55 AM
i just know in S mode car revs higher and more aggressive, regardless in the manual mode or the auto mode....

asiansquad
14-03-2005, 12:10 AM
i remember my HRV had the S Button, it burns alot more petrol when u run in S mode...that's with the HRV, dunno abt the jazz

quizery
14-03-2005, 10:52 PM
hrv "S" = Jazz "S"... Should be isn't it?

asiansquad
14-03-2005, 10:57 PM
prob is the same
haha