PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Replacement

opilot87
13-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi guys,

Just replaced my fuel filter as my car has clicked over 200k. Bought the replacement filter kit from Honda and swapped it over, and appears to be successful. But....

When I was removing the old filter I heard something drop and saw a tiny ball bearing roll into the boot. I managed to find it, but I have no idea where it came from. I couldn't see anywhere it might go, and wouldn't have thought there would be a ball bearing in there, but I swear it dropped from somewhere when I was lifting the old filter assembly out. Has anyone replaced the fuel filter before and noticed any ball bearing?

It would help put my mind at rest haha.

Cheers,
Oli

UR34DY
14-07-2012, 12:20 PM
i replaced mine awhile ago and didnt notice nor did i pay attention to the ball, but im guessing that the ball is the level for the fuel to display inside your car? maybe.....

opilot87
14-07-2012, 06:26 PM
I thought it might be the case too, but its a very small ball and fuel level seems to be measured by a floating plastic ball kind of like a toilet system, and still appears to be working OK. Might just have been a random object that was sitting on there somewhere.

Oli

aaronng
14-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I didn't find a ball bearing when I changed the fuel filter on my euro, so I also think it was just something that was sitting in the boot or rear seat.

opilot87
15-07-2012, 02:12 PM
OK cheers, I'll just relax unless something seems to not be working right. BTW does the pump run continuously while the ignition is on? I tried it and could barely hear the pump but could see the fuel moving on the top of the filter, and seemed to always be running. I thought it would just pump from time to time as fuel is needed although now I think of it it makes sense it would run all the time haha.

Ollie