PDA

View Full Version : repair chip windscreen- nsw (ek1 civic)

Honda
14-07-2012, 05:39 PM
does anyone know any cheap places to repair the front windscreen of an ek1 civic in nsw. i've checked obrien but it seems expensive? the chip is the size of a 1dollar coin. so it is fairly small but im afraid it will become bigger

mr_vti_s
15-07-2012, 12:25 AM
does anyone know any cheap places to repair the front windscreen of an ek1 civic in nsw. i've checked obrien but it seems expensive? the chip is the size of a 1dollar coin. so it is fairly small but im afraid it will become bigger

fixing windscreen chip is hard IMO,

i tried those stuff that you get from the shop (autobanh,supacheap) but there are just crap, if you worried to much about the glass might as well just change it for your own good.

i change my windscreen for $250 home service supply and fit, and o'brien is about $450. try to search around your area and u might find a good cheap deal with glass/windscreens

i didnt go with obrien coz of the high price, glass is glass.. so i went with the cheap one :P

hope that help you..

dont forget my rep point

hmetro24
15-07-2012, 06:23 AM
I have changed windscreen twice, one for ej8 for 180$ and eg for 170-180$ before like 1 year+-, search in google for windscreen repair. Obrien is expensive and should not cost you more than 250$.

grifty
15-07-2012, 08:02 AM
yeah you can get windscreens changed under $200, just start looking in the yellow pages etc....

GU357
15-07-2012, 07:09 PM
When i went hunting for a someone to do a vinyl wrap i found this contractor and his other job was installing windscreens, he drove from the otherside of perth got my windscreen and came to my house on a saturday, installed it and all for 200$
shows u just got to look around, i then had him tint my house.