PDA

View Full Version : HID Light Problem :(

kans
15-07-2012, 08:17 PM
hey last week coming back from school, my right side light (HID) kept flashing/blinking all of a sudden. I pulled over and checked the wiring etc but it was all fine, no short circuits etc. Any one have any ideas? Do i have to buy new hid's or bulb, ballast?

mrtony
15-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Happened to me before, ballasts were gone

EJ1
15-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Sounds like an earthing problem... Flickering are common symptoms.

b_rent
15-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Happened to a mate of mine last night, went over there to have a look and ballasts needed to be replaced! I went back home to get a new ballast for him that i had spare and swapped it over and it worked fine after that with no flickering!

NightKids
16-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Ballast, change it

dyl69
17-07-2012, 01:50 PM
When mine went I thought and assumed it was the ballasts and your may be gone, but I was given a theory that I found on another website
by running a wire directly from the ballast to the battery and it didn't flicker anymore, I eventually got a mate to do a relay.

kristrifo
17-07-2012, 06:39 PM
either ballasts or earthing problems as EJ said

fix it soon before you start going through fuses and globes

mr_vti_s
17-07-2012, 06:44 PM
hey last week coming back from school, my right side light (HID) kept flashing/blinking all of a sudden. I pulled over and checked the wiring etc but it was all fine, no short circuits etc. Any one have any ideas? Do i have to buy new hid's or bulb, ballast?

maybe is earthing is bad. try to put the ballast somewhere safe from water, heat or moisture.. or your wiring is poor..

try to out the ballast under the fender or somewhere along there..

hope that helps you..