PDA

View Full Version : QLD Turbo cars On L Plates

dCn
16-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Wondering about Turbo cars on L plates.

I wont be getting my L's untill October but, can I drive them on my L's?
Can anyone confirm this?
Nothing on the website saying I can't..

xclusive_eg8
16-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Just drive an N/A car. Man why do all boys need to be a racer fully sick mad dog? Just wait your turn bro. Your allowed to drive v8 on L's dont see why not turbo, if its the only car your family owns that is.

HmGLuCaS
16-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Just drive an N/A car. Man why do all boys need to be a racer fully sick mad dog? Just wait your turn bro. Your allowed to drive v8 on L's dont see why not turbo, if its the only car your family owns that is.

agreed! +1 you can drive pretty much any car on L's as you are "supervised" ;D

newpaddy3
16-07-2012, 10:56 PM

Can anyone confirm this?

Look up Main Roads website, they list all the restrictions there.

newpaddy3
16-07-2012, 10:57 PM
LOL I read P plate.

Yeah you can drive anything, just need supervision.

dCn
16-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah I know everyone says " drive N/A this, N/A that " was just wondering so yeah :) Cheers guys.

CrystalSkull
21-07-2012, 02:35 PM

Can anyone confirm this?

Here's another thought on why you should learn on a non turbo, being that the majority of cars are non turbo it's logical you should learn to drive them first, this means you have the opportunity to begin your driving life as a defensive driver, hopefully you'll make that decision; you will learn driving is not about acceleration it's about road craft. Once you have some skill after your 4 years of learning on your Learner and Provisional licences and if you gain your Driver Licence you should then make a considered, thoughtful decision on whether you can drive something more powerful.

Take it easy.

newpaddy3
21-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Here's another thought on why you should learn on a non turbo, being that the majority of cars are non turbo it's logical you should learn to drive them first, this means you have the opportunity to begin your driving life as a defensive driver, hopefully you'll make that decision; you will learn driving is not about acceleration it's about road craft. Once you have some skill after your 4 years of learning on your Learner and Provisional licences and if you gain your Driver Licence you should then make a considered, thoughtful decision on whether you can drive something more powerful.

Take it easy.

His parents may only have turbo cars available.

I learnt on an NA car with over 180kw, it's not like that was my desired car, it's just what we had at home.

manolii
23-07-2012, 09:07 AM
You can drive anything on your L's because you have adult supervision. I have friends who have driven their dads lambo on their Ls

infurNOS
26-07-2012, 11:47 AM
You can drive anything on your L's because you have adult supervision. I have friends who have driven their dads lambo on their Ls

wow! Lucky kents

CRXDEL501
26-07-2012, 02:40 PM
wow! Lucky kents

Lol not for some things up here in qld !

gen2 CRX
29-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Na is best

dnapol
21-08-2012, 04:31 PM
I had a wrx on my Ls to learn however I started tracking aged 14 in an NA car, I liked startign with NA, doesnt give you a false sense of awesomeness