PDA

View Full Version : VIC Going for manual P's but no manual supervision.

viett
19-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Okay so in my family only my mum has a full license but she can only drive automatic, i'm confident I could pass a manuals test with a bit more practice, but will they allow me to go for the manuals test even though the cars that I drive in my log book are all automatic?

MIKO_OL
19-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Okay so in my family only my mum has a full license but she can only drive automatic, i'm confident I could pass a manuals test with a bit more practice, but will they allow me to go for the manuals test even though the cars that I drive in my log book are all automatic?

Things like this I don't even know anymore. Keep practicing manual, get a few manual lessons and your instructor will tell you when.

All in all. Practice.

viett
19-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Things like this I don't even know anymore. Keep practicing manual, get a few manual lessons and your instructor will tell you when.

All in all. Practice.

Alright thanks man :)

integraR
19-07-2012, 09:11 AM
just keep on practicing and youll drive smoothly
also remember to check all mirrors every 30 seconds I think
also make sure the manual car is in rwc

bringing a driving instructor also helps

butterfingers
19-07-2012, 09:26 AM
afaik:

they dont care what car you used in the logbook. if you bring a manual car to do the practical test and you do well. they'll give you a manual Ps license

Johnie
01-10-2012, 11:33 PM
If u do the test fine in manual u get a licance with no condition, on the logbook doesn't state if the car is auto or manual anyway.
pass in a auto car and u get a big fat A on your licance.

charliebrown
01-10-2012, 11:36 PM
put your ebay obey cap over gearknob when pulled over

Cr0wbar
03-10-2012, 02:01 AM
As people above have said, it doesn't matter if you have been using a manual or auto car to practise. If you can pass the manual test then you'll get a manual license. As long as you can do the whole test without stalling the car, then the manual side is all down. You won't fail the test by being a bit bumpy (unless it's chronic). If you're lucky you might sit for 5 minutes in traffic while you wait for a train to pass (used up 5 minutes of my test hahaha).

butterfingers
03-10-2012, 06:51 PM
pls for gods sake dont heel toe and rev-match your downshifts

Rayle
04-10-2012, 12:35 AM
As people above have said, it doesn't matter if you have been using a manual or auto car to practise. If you can pass the manual test then you'll get a manual license. As long as you can do the whole test without stalling the car, then the manual side is all down. You won't fail the test by being a bit bumpy (unless it's chronic). If you're lucky you might sit for 5 minutes in traffic while you wait for a train to pass (used up 5 minutes of my test hahaha).

Back when I did my test, every stall was counted as a critical error. That means that assuming you don't make any other critical errors (failing to head check etc), you can stall once per section. You could stall once in the slow section at the start, then once again in the second section and still pass the test.

Even being rough the whole time shouldn't be a failable offence. I had been driving my DA9, and took the test in my instructor's Pulsar N16 after not driving that car for about a month so my shifts were pretty rough. Only consequence to that was the feedback sheet at the end said my shifting needed work, lol.

butterfingers
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
curious, if u had a button clutch and light flywheel, would a 3k blip to move off from standstill be classified as a failable offence?