PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal

viinnh
19-07-2012, 09:14 PM
help me please.
I changed my master and slave for clutch today. I bleed the lines already to the point where it pisses out fluid from the nipple like water flowing outta a tap. the clutch pedal is like normal when i press it in and keep on pumping it rapidly its really hard like how it should be (heavy duty).
But when i stop for about 2 seconds it looses pressure. would you know what is wrong ?? and if i pump it rapidly again it goes to normal. with in 2 seconds with out pumping it, it looses pressure

dorikin
19-07-2012, 09:17 PM
If it's not leaking fluid then you have air in the master cylinder or lines

viinnh
19-07-2012, 09:35 PM
ive bled it heaps of times already went through 2 bottles of fluids

btw when theres no pressure in the pedal. its just like having no fluid it drops down and doesnt come back up. i pull it back up and start pumping it gets back to normal

GU357
19-07-2012, 09:53 PM
most likely a leak, keep an eye out for fluid, or it might be internally and the fluid is filling up inside the master?

SLOBRO
19-07-2012, 10:06 PM
can you explain how you bled it??

viinnh
19-07-2012, 10:11 PM
most likely a leak, keep an eye out for fluid, or it might be internally and the fluid is filling up inside the master?

nah looked everywhere no fluid coming out
took apart the master had a tiny bit of fluid inside not much, like a few drips

can you explain how you bled it??

step in clutch. release nipple closed it, pump pedal a few times put pedal to the floor release nipple etc etc till it went hard from pumping it but then if i dont pump it it goes down

SLOBRO
19-07-2012, 10:15 PM
ok try this leave the nipple open till it starts dripping fast then close it then check it

viinnh
19-07-2012, 10:20 PM
i actually did try that in the arvo. i left it open and got someone to pump the pedal while i wait for fluid to go down so i can top it up
once itstarted pissing i told them to put the foot down and i closed the nipple.

results same thing

SLOBRO
19-07-2012, 10:31 PM
there you go you can't pump it while the nipple is open man it won't work like that
+ what i meant was just leave the nipple open dont pump the pedal leave it open and let it drip then close it
and did u run out of fluid when your mate was pumping the pedal? if so you might have stuffed your new Master cylinder

dorikin
19-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Lol fail

bennjamin
19-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Mate try this

Run a clear or somewhat translucent tube from the nipple to a bottle half filled with fresh brake fluid- make sure the end is BELOW the surface.
Open the nipple with a 8mm spanner , open the clutch reservoir cap and start pumping the clutch pedal by hand. Get
Your mate to monitor the reservoir and top up - keep pumping until a steady stream of fresh fluid fills the bottle. Tighten nipple, remove tube and top up the reservoir if need be. That should be it.

viinnh
20-07-2012, 12:48 PM
there you go you can't pump it while the nipple is open man it won't work like that
+ what i meant was just leave the nipple open dont pump the pedal leave it open and let it drip then close it
and did u run out of fluid when your mate was pumping the pedal? if so you might have stuffed your new Master cylinder

nah man i tried that method after bleeeding it the normal way heaps of times
no my fluild was always full hardly went down

Mate try this

Run a clear or somewhat translucent tube from the nipple to a bottle half filled with fresh brake fluid- make sure the end is BELOW the surface.
Open the nipple with a 8mm spanner , open the clutch reservoir cap and start pumping the clutch pedal by hand. Get
Your mate to monitor the reservoir and top up - keep pumping until a steady stream of fresh fluid fills the bottle. Tighten nipple, remove tube and top up the reservoir if need be. That should be it.

i have tried this as well same thing

guys after playing around with the clutch pedal this is what happens

press the pedal down hard it will be hard like a normal HD clutch
press the pedal down soft it would be like theres no fluid inside what so ever it just goes down and i have to pull it back up

Super-DA9
20-07-2012, 01:26 PM
it really does sound like a master or slave cylinder issue.. there's definitely no fluid on the inside under the dash where the clutch pedal assembley meets the firewall?

viinnh
20-07-2012, 01:31 PM
nope no fluid leaking anywhere. out of the master under the clutch pedal, any leak from reservoir, from and to the master out through the lines from master to slave and nipple. no fluid leaking anywhere

its pretty much something happening not holding pressure i think

SLOBRO
20-07-2012, 09:57 PM
maybe you should take it to a proper mechanic lol

impossi13le
22-07-2012, 10:49 PM
try get another master cylinder, if you cant see any leaks/hairline cracks on the slave then im assuming theres an internal leak in the master cylinder. Like the valve that pushes out the fluid may be cracked or worn and sending fluid back to the reservior instead of the slave which is where it's meant to go.

did you get bnew master and slave?
if you dont wanna replace, do a full rebuild of the master haha

viinnh
23-07-2012, 08:23 AM
try get another master cylinder, if you cant see any leaks/hairline cracks on the slave then im assuming theres an internal leak in the master cylinder. Like the valve that pushes out the fluid may be cracked or worn and sending fluid back to the reservior instead of the slave which is where it's meant to go.

did you get bnew master and slave?
if you dont wanna replace, do a full rebuild of the master haha

you sir are correct.
it was a faulty master. the seal on the stopper was torn off causing fluid to send back to the reservior

i bought a new master and a new slave both genuine honda lol and master ****ed up

impossi13le
23-07-2012, 05:37 PM
refund or free replacement lol