PDA

View Full Version : dedicated car cleaning detailing section on ozhonda?

h22a accord
10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
As the title suggests, do you think it is a good idea?

Kandy
10-03-2005, 10:10 PM
hmm, yes, I'm still confused about all the products etc and now trying to figure out how clay works and if I need to chammy the car before hand...

wynode
10-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Could just make a thread in the appearance/gallery forum :)

panda[cRx]
11-03-2005, 01:34 AM
this time i'm with wyn lol

h22a accord
11-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Could just make a thread in the appearance/gallery forum :)

hrmmm. ohhhkay. Could you at least give a reason for why you think that would be sufficient Wyn?

There are sooo many different aspects of detailing that one thread alone is not going to cover it all. we need specific topics-

for instance...paintwork, alot of people think they have a shiny car but then they park it next to a brand new car and realise that their paint aint all that good. anyways, a very breif rundown on paintwork-

-how to analyse your paint work ie, the types of paint defects- these can range from fine scratches, heavy scratches, swirls, industrial fall out, sap, burn marks from incorrect buffing, minor oxidisation, heavy oxidisation, waterspots.

is there just one of these defects or is there a combination of them all?

What products and techniques to use to fix them safely.

The correct steps needed to rectify etc.

how do maintain a paint job in as new condition- the correct washing techniques etc, how to polish etc, best products etc etc.

im not going to go on and on but paintwork is a very small part of all the different detailing topics that can be discussed.

Did u know that there a a few dedicated car detailing forums for the hard core detailers lol.

Anyways, not up to me, i was just merely suggesting.

wynode
11-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Well so far its just yourself interested in this Cam..........we can give you a sticky, then you can make new threads in the appearance forum and link them to that sticky thread :)

h22a accord
11-03-2005, 11:23 AM
sounds like a good start to me :)

panda[cRx]
11-03-2005, 01:56 PM
hahahah i wonder why cam is interested on the topic, what are your plates man?... DTAILA ? :p

how about you do a write on on how to do each of al of those in your proffesional opinion? then leave the topic open for a lil while to get feedback then after 2 weeks or so amend the write up and delete all the replies and leave as a neat and easy to read sticky, sounds good to me

that's if cam is up for it...
damn i'm a genius:cool:

wynode
11-03-2005, 09:22 PM
yeah I wonder why :p

sheepo
11-03-2005, 09:32 PM
if this is a thread about cleaning your car, what is good for the paint and stuff like that.... i would love to read it :D i would liek to make the car shinie and sparkling clean :)

h22a accord
11-03-2005, 09:35 PM
ok guys, leave it with me.

I have to remember that all you guys dont have access to the professional equipment that u need to produce a superior result so i will start with the basics etc.

sort of a D.I.Y

wynode
11-03-2005, 09:40 PM
We look forward to it Cam, just make sure the post doesn't turn out to be an advertisement :)

jackosimm
11-03-2005, 10:29 PM
hmmm yeh a sticky seems good enough i reckon, good thought mate

panda[cRx]
11-03-2005, 10:37 PM
thx cam :thumbsup:
we all love you:D

|N|
12-03-2005, 12:54 AM
while we r here... can i ask something?? has anyone had exp with scratch X?

toE
12-03-2005, 01:29 AM
while we r here... can i ask something?? has anyone had exp with scratch X?

This isn't the place to discuss this atm.
Maybe later, when Cam has "set-up" his thread. ;)

h22a accord
12-03-2005, 10:31 AM
We look forward to it Cam, just make sure the post doesn't turn out to be an advertisement :)

I'll make sure it doesnt ok :) I will however be recommending specific brand name products to use for the best results etc.

Let me know if i step out of line eh?