PDA

View Full Version : New alarm system for 1998 ek1 civic

Honda
22-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm considering the two alarm systems:

- Rhino GTS Alarm with Installation $250
- Mongoose M20S Alarm with Installation $250

Which is better? and is this worth the price?

The key function I want is to have keyless entry. Correct me if I'm wrong but is this called Built-in central locking relays?

eLtrix
22-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Why dont you just get central locking if all you are only really after the keyless entry function. cheaper too

Honda
22-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Why dont you just get central locking if all you are only really after the keyless entry function. cheaper too

We currently dont have an alarm at the moment as the car didnt come with one

Cr0wbar
23-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I recently installed a Mongoose M80G in my Integra. I'm pretty happy with it. As with most kits, you'll have to buy an additional central locking kit if you don't already have one. I think they're like $50 on eBay.

EDIT: Actually I do have one problem with it. ONce you turn the ignition off, it gives you 30 seconds before it automatically locks the engine (not the car). If it does this, you must press the unlock button, then the lock button again to lock the doors too. I don't mind the feature, but 30 seconds isn't long enough, it should be 1 minute.

DriftKnightX
28-07-2012, 04:13 AM
mongoose all the way! pretty good quality alarms, have had car alarms and house alarms by mongoose no issues at all!

HondaTurboVtec
28-07-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm considering the two alarm systems:

- Rhino GTS Alarm with Installation $250
- Mongoose M20S Alarm with Installation $250

Which is better? and is this worth the price?

The key function I want is to have keyless entry. Correct me if I'm wrong but is this called Built-in central locking relays?

Mongoose is good, & installation is easy ;) mate!