PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help - EG Interior Roof

notJDM
25-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Hey guys got a problem, I have lost something that I hid inside the interior roof. It is where you pull down the sun shades when it sunny. Behind that you pull that lil part of roof. That is where I hid something and somehow I managed to push it all the way out of reach.

Was wondering how can I remove the front part of the roofing to get the item and to put the roof back in place?

Thanks.

OPL33Z
25-07-2012, 03:51 PM
what did you hide?
;\

dorikin
25-07-2012, 04:00 PM
$5 to whoever can guess what he stashed up there haha

mocchi
25-07-2012, 04:07 PM
house keys

gotta remove visors, quarter panels and pillars
then remove your cabin light and then the roof lining just falls down

gotta remove rear seats too to remove quarter panel

CRXDEL501
25-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Afro man

chauster
25-07-2012, 07:38 PM
gram of coke.

just take out the whole roof lining. have fun.

NightKids
25-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Hid his foreskin?

androo
25-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Drugs?

notJDM
26-07-2012, 04:20 AM
It's my prescription medication. But I guess I have pushed it so far up that its outta reach, pretty weird.

Please guys, could someone really help me out on how to remove the interior roof (prefabably the front part) so I can have a look where it is and grab it, and how to put it back together.

Hope someone can really help without taking the piss as I really need my meds I won't be able to get some from doc until next month when I get another script.

xclusive_eg8
26-07-2012, 06:15 AM
All side panels basicly just unclip, rear seat has 5 bolts holding it in. Should take you about 3hrs to remove it all. If you can get a gap in lining. Park on a hill facing down and tap it out?? Use door card for stashing next time or wedge it under dash. Egs are good for that.

OPL33Z
26-07-2012, 07:47 AM
lol why would u hide prescription medicine?

good luck tho! u will eventually get it off but getting it back will be harder. just remember patience is key. don't rush it

androo
26-07-2012, 09:38 AM
+ 1 with why you hiding prescription medicine there... Was it sitting on the passenger seat and you forgot, then a hot girl was getting in your car and you were like *sht where do I put my hemorrhoid cream* and panicked and shoved it there?

Anyway good luck with the roof lining. Bit of a job to do...

CRXDEL501
26-07-2012, 10:07 AM
+ 1 with why you hiding prescription medicine there... Was it sitting on the passenger seat and you forgot, then a hot girl was getting in your car and you were like *sht where do I put my hemorrhoid cream* and panicked and shoved it there?

Anyway good luck with the roof lining. Bit of a job to do...

I lol'd

notJDM
26-07-2012, 08:11 PM
LOL,

No it was not H cream, it's just my meds I hide them inside the roof just to get less hassle from the Police. Sometimes they will do anything to eff you over, so rather hide it.

But does anyone have a DIY on how to remove the interior roof pref the front part? It would be helpful if there was a DIY on this with pictures. By reading some of ya comments on how to remove the roof it seems hard. All I wanna do is be able to remove the interior roof to see and reach for the packet of meds, then be able to put the roof back to normal.

Thanks, hope someone here can provide more info and help. Lets keep taking the piss to a minimum now, really need help now! :(

dorikin
26-07-2012, 08:20 PM
If you try to remove just the front part you will probably end up bending it and that will leave a crease but you can always try.

Remove sun visors, rear view mirror, front pillar trims, sunroof lining, grab handle, interior light and then try pulling the front section down

GU357
28-07-2012, 02:46 AM
if they do find them in the roof that would be even dodgier, no?

u should wrap a magnet onto the bottle next time so u can pull it out with a magnetic pick up tool :P

TbM
28-07-2012, 02:55 AM
LOL,

No it was not H cream, it's just my meds I hide them inside the roof just to get less hassle from the Police. Sometimes they will do anything to eff you over, so rather hide it.

But does anyone have a DIY on how to remove the interior roof pref the front part? It would be helpful if there was a DIY on this with pictures. By reading some of ya comments on how to remove the roof it seems hard. All I wanna do is be able to remove the interior roof to see and reach for the packet of meds, then be able to put the roof back to normal.

Thanks, hope someone here can provide more info and help. Lets keep taking the piss to a minimum now, really need help now! :(

just go buy new meds, easier than taking off roof lining....

EKVTIR-T
28-07-2012, 03:21 AM
ice or bikkies?

TbM
28-07-2012, 04:16 AM
ice or bikkies?

would be worth taking the lining off for a sack of rack

viinnh
28-07-2012, 12:39 PM
un bolt the sun visors. rip off the pillar plastic then take off the handles and also i think a few small clips/bolts and the front half will sag down

white_ep3_civic
28-07-2012, 01:10 PM
if they do find them in the roof that would be even dodgier, no?

u should wrap a magnet onto the bottle next time so u can pull it out with a magnetic pick up tool :P

Thats's what I was thinking. Going to the effort to hide them will make the cops fk you over even more.

simmy
30-07-2012, 06:36 PM
pm charliebrown - he has a DIY on how to remove EG roof lining.

All the best of luck,

Regards,

Sean.

Indie
31-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Natural selection.

EG52NV
31-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Next time you get pulled over by the cops insist they search your roof, that way they'll remove the lining for you...

androo
31-07-2012, 06:20 PM
The fact this 'medicine' is so valuable to you rather than just going out and buying some more raises some eyebrows... Anyway have you tried using a coat hanger?

CRXDEL501
31-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't see the need to hide "prescription" medicine

Obviously op isn't going to say its anything illegal

Why would you worry about cops taking something that is legal and prescribed

Suss

Indie
01-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Wasn't he supposedly "worried about girls seeing it"?

Right.

bennjamin
01-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Sounds like you got pulled over or rbt and had to quickly hide your stash of pot.

Done that before.....but I wasn't stupid ( or creative?!) enough
To hide it in the roof lining?

curtis265
01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
bhahahah benny