PDA

View Full Version : Wheel alignment/suspension issues

rhys.l
25-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I took my car down to Fulcrum today for a wheel alignment. Below are a few things which they advised me on. Would be good if you guys can confirm whether it is good/accurate advice or not.

1) From a previous wheel alignment on my car you can see the front left and right side caster, king-pin and included angle are quite different. They showed me under my car where the k frame has moved around 5mm backwards on its mount. Is this a plausible explanation for the above and therefore worth fixing?

2) Re the wheel alignment itself, they were going to charge me a few hours labour on top of the normal wheel alignment rate itself to do a proper, 'full alignment. This involves loosening off a large number of the suspension arms. As my car has stock suspension, I wasn't aware that doing this for the majority of the suspension parts would allow for any sort of adjustment at all? What do you guys think?

Thanks

ECU-MAN
25-07-2012, 08:35 PM
go to another place and get a 4w alighnment. If there is a problem with the car and they cant get it within spec they should let you know.

dougie_504
25-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Agreed. No point fixing anything unless you know it's going to cause a problem.

4E alignment should be like $50-70 depending on where you go.

Also request certain values that you want if possible (EG. toe values).

rhys.l
26-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Alright thanks guys

dorikin
26-07-2012, 06:14 PM
The front subframe can be moved slightly once loosened