PDA

View Full Version : High Idle after top up?

ouch
25-07-2012, 11:58 PM
herrrrooooooooo.

just got myself a little bunky and saw the oil levels were quite low with a little burning so i topped it up with a little oil and didnt think twice about it. Now its idling quite high at 2k and up to 3k while cruising in neutral. When i turn off the car, the revs drop almost immediately and the car feels as if stalls.

going to change the oil tomorrow. was it a bad idea topping up? seeing as i dont know what was in it before and probs mixed different stuff? would this cause the high revving?

g

GU357
28-07-2012, 02:48 AM
its possible, but if thats the only thing you have changed, then its most likely the cause or the cause of something that caused the problem.

HondaTurboVtec
28-07-2012, 02:33 PM
herrrrooooooooo.

just got myself a little bunky and saw the oil levels were quite low with a little burning so i topped it up with a little oil and didnt think twice about it. Now its idling quite high at 2k and up to 3k while cruising in neutral. When i turn off the car, the revs drop almost immediately and the car feels as if stalls.

going to change the oil tomorrow. was it a bad idea topping up? seeing as i dont know what was in it before and probs mixed different stuff? would this cause the high revving?

g

Mixing products from oils to another oil or product to another product won't damage your car or any other car, the cause of the problem could possibly mean there is a leak. Bad joints or seals, warped engine parts or worn valve guides and piston rings. Oil will leak out of the oil system and into hotter parts of the engine, where it will burn.

ouch
28-07-2012, 09:31 PM
...ok

Anyone else know what's up? Changed the oil, same thing. Idling too high. Then turns off like I stalled. What's up?

DC2-PWR
28-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Check and clean throttle body
Check accelerator cable if its not stuck or something.

Edit just read it turns off. Never mind this message

TbM
28-07-2012, 10:07 PM
knock off any vaccum lines when you were doin the topping up?

clean iacv?

ouch
29-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Check and clean throttle body

Edit just read it turns off. Never mind this message

Will do! And I meant when I turn it off, it turns off to a stall.

GU357
29-07-2012, 04:04 AM
hmm ive had that before it turns off kind of sudden or harsh? or like it blubbers down

ouch
30-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Shudders down.

Could mixing brake fluid have anything to do with this problem?

GU357
30-07-2012, 02:40 AM
does it seem like oil is getting into it to fuel it even though its been flicked off, and thats why its blubbering down?

HondaTurboVtec
30-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Shudders down.

Correct if I'm wrong. ^No^

GU357
30-07-2012, 07:03 PM
mixing brake fluid with petrol?? would have some effect

DC2-PWR
30-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Shudders down.

Are you saying that you mixed brake fluid with your oil? Or petrol?