PDA

View Full Version : Civic VtiR questions....

phatz
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Hey guys,

Went to see a Vti-R civic today & noted a few out of the ordinary things about it..

It was a 1998 model (june or july i think)

the strange things where:

It only had a single drivers airbag? whats the deal here, I've ever seen a VtiR with only one airbag, even the very first 1995 models had Dual Airbags then
(in the EK shape)

The Kilometers gauge and trip kilometer gauge where visa versa (the k's at the bottm and the trip on the top) All the ones I've seen untill this one has the k's at the top and the trip and the bottom?

It had an extra little warning light in the dash down the bottom where the K's are situated, It was like a Service warning light, a friend has a 1883 Honda Accord hatch with the same sort of thing.. you somehow set it and it lights up when your car is due for a service?

Dunno if you guys found that strange but I do!

Is there an explination for this? could it be an import? (the Km/h went to 220 as usual rather than 180 like most jap imports)

could it be a special 'last' model example with extra's like the service die warning light, but no passanger airbag, maybe they wanted to cut costs? and the k's dial in the wrong place..

Strange, very strange

MrPlow
10-03-2005, 04:19 PM
stab in the dark... cxi or gli made into vti-r... matt stear clear when shit like that pops up... first civic i went to look at was 2 civic welded together...

phatz
10-03-2005, 04:25 PM
yeah it was pretty weird..

my thoughts are it's an import or something!

z3lda
10-03-2005, 04:32 PM
first civic i went to look at was 2 civic welded together...
hahahaLOLlhaha

like that guys car in PIMP MY RIDE... two cars welded together HAHAh
bloody halarious ahah

SPEEDCORE
10-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Did you check the VIN on the firewall at all?

Its sounds very sus to me!

m0rph3u5
10-03-2005, 06:52 PM
sounds like someone may hav done a conversion .. and juz change things around ...e.g. VTiR badges / stickers .. etc etc.. or its an import as you mentioned ..SiR import ..

very sus boy!

Choongas
10-03-2005, 08:27 PM
The Kilometers gauge and trip kilometer gauge where visa versa (the k's at the bottm and the trip on the top) All the ones I've seen untill this one has the k's at the top and the trip and the bottom?

It had an extra little warning light in the dash down the bottom where the K's are situated, It was like a Service warning light, a friend has a 1883 Honda Accord hatch with the same sort of thing.. you somehow set it and it lights up when your car is due for a service?

That's what we have in the EM1 VTiR Coupes.
But we still have dual airbags!

maybe they put a coupe cluster into it?? :confused:

ian
10-03-2005, 08:38 PM
yep that's what i got, i just checked mine (2000 honda EM1 civic vtir coupe).
kilometres gauge below the trip gauge with a "maintenance required" warning light at the bottom. dash seems alright.

Speeder
10-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Speedo goes up to 220km I believe, they were sold here new, so there was no speed limiter (well not at 180km/h anyways)

EK9
10-03-2005, 09:45 PM
take sumone who knows that specific model wif u to check it out... else imo, if u ain't feelin it's rite, forget it and move on.
other chances always pop up... good luck on ya car hunting :D

luzinit
11-03-2005, 12:17 PM
defintely doesnt sound rite, only the coupe vtir's had the maintenance light, aus delivered vtir/ek4 dont have it! find another one dood!!

KB
11-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Yo my EJ8 Coupe has a Maintainence Needed Light Too. USDM Yo!

nobbs
11-03-2005, 03:03 PM
mine is the same as ian's, trip meter at the top and kilometres a the bottom + maintenance light (99 VTI-R coupe...)

DOHCVTEC
12-03-2005, 02:28 AM
the VTi-R hatch has the trip meter at the bottom and doesnt have the maintenance lights
and the coupe (EM) has the trip meter at the top and the maintenance lights (i think since its made in US)
phatz did u mean the (EM) coupe style?
im pretty sure thats right but correct me if im wrong

cusco echo
13-03-2005, 11:45 AM
if its a hatch, then it have a em coupe dash in it, to see if its a ek vtir, check if there is a factory sunroof, and the trim is different too, 4 wheels disc brake? power windows? b16a engine? factory vtir wheels?
for the info u have, it should be a gli (if p/w and 4 brake disc) with a conversion or simply a gli with a vtir sticker on the back and the owner doesnt have a clue, yes i have seen one b4, the owner thought its a vtir bcoz of the stickers

J-MuN
13-03-2005, 12:56 PM
i've got a EM1 (1999 VTi-R Coupe) and my trip meter is at the bottom with the Maintainence Button (its a button that u press when u get ur service done, and i'm guessing that it clicks back and by 5,000kms it'll then red meaning maintainence is required..

SPEEDCORE
13-03-2005, 02:35 PM
i the owner thought its a vtir bcoz of the stickers

This wouldn't happen to be a dark green EK here in bris by any chance?

strafe
13-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Is there a list of things that are different between the Vti-R and other models? Things i can think of are:

* Front and Rear Sway Bars
* Front Chassis Brace (Above Engine)
* Four Wheel Disc Brakes with ABS
* Alloys
* Factory Sunroof Standard
* Power Windows and Mirrors
* B16A2 Stamped on Motor ;)
* EK4 Build Plate and Vin Number (JHMEK4....)
* Colour Coded Door Handles and Mirrors

Anyone Know what parts are optional? i.e.:

* Air Con
* Flip out cup holders :) (I think they're optional)

cusco echo
14-03-2005, 04:12 PM
This wouldn't happen to be a dark green EK here in bris by any chance?

i hope not.... :rolleyes:

spoondc2
14-03-2005, 04:34 PM

LOL :D

SPEEDCORE
14-03-2005, 06:40 PM

ay??????
:confused:

I ask because there is this dark green/black EK here in Bris that has a gold VTIR sticker on the back and its not a VtiR......

Anyway he egged my G/F on in her EK4 and she took him on from a set of lights .... she pulled 2 car lengths on him in as she shifted into 2nd and she didn't bother to keep going.

I was in my Starlet behind her watching the whole thing.... lol crazy bitch! :D

J-MuN
14-03-2005, 11:35 PM
ay??????

I ask because there is this dark green/black EK here in Bris that has a gold VTIR sticker on the back and its not a VtiR......

Anyway he egged my G/F on in her EK4 and she took him on from a set of lights .... she pulled 2 car lengths on him in as she shifted into 2nd and she didn't bother to keep going.

hahaha... sad sad ricer boi... :thumbsup: to your GF Speedcore...

cusco echo
16-03-2005, 05:17 PM
ay??????

the one i saw its a white one, with silver vtir stickers on the back and also mugen stickers on the other too

one more chance
17-03-2005, 01:30 AM
ay??????

i know the owner, not sure if he still owns it tho.. was he indian? if it was, the guys a tosser... and no, its not vtir

bo279
17-03-2005, 09:45 AM
my frend jus went to see a vtir last night...everything looked ok, it had the right seats front n back, the trim on the seats matched the door. had the right engine n also a sunroof....but the only thing thats putting us off is theres no dual air bag...only the one on the steering wheel....

is this a fake???

do gli's come with factory option sunroofs??

one more chance
18-03-2005, 01:41 PM
my frend jus went to see a vtir last night...everything looked ok, it had the right seats front n back, the trim on the seats matched the door. had the right engine n also a sunroof....but the only thing thats putting us off is theres no dual air bag...only the one on the steering wheel....

is this a fake???

i dont understand why someone would go through all the trouble of that just so it would "look" like a VTiR. itll be cheaper to buy a vtir then to convert a GLi to one.

cusco echo
19-03-2005, 12:06 PM

is this a fake???

solution:
its a vtir but crashed b4 and the owner cant find a 2nd hand airbag dash so he put a cxi or a gli on
possible?

J-MuN
20-03-2005, 12:28 PM
i wouldnt think that THAT many ppl would go all out to do their car up as a "VTi-R" wannabe... i understand that many ppl want their car to be a "Type R".. but all the effort to be a VTi-R?... hmph... :confused:
oh wannabe type R's?... so so ghey!