PDA

View Full Version : Super Charge? N/a or Turbo

Lokid
10-03-2005, 04:50 PM
N/A IS THE WAY =) due to funds.......

Neways During this time ive finally made the choice to go N/a
for current Reasons..... Im lookin at the option of a B16A or try to fix
a HA22 in the lil Crx ive heard of the conversion but Im not sure how much it will cost to actually do it......

Also would Any one wat i could do to make the B16A run fast ?
like if i went N/a

Plans for the car so far
-Wheels Buddy club P1's white colour
-Strippin of the Interior
-New Basic sound system set up
-Rego on June Lmao

faijai
10-03-2005, 06:35 PM
1.6ltr turbo
1.8ltr NA

panda[cRx]
10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
2 litre na, k20a y0! ;)

DLO01
10-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Depends on how much your are planning to spend. B16A standard internals, decent turbo kit, Ecu, injectors etc. If you are stripping the interior, easy 13s. :thumbsup:

JDM.Power
10-03-2005, 08:38 PM
like panda says K20a! :P

Disciple
10-03-2005, 11:02 PM
before u get flamed edit ure post and fix the common mistake :P

Hmm atm my plans for an engine coversion is mostly likely the B16Avtech

faijai
10-03-2005, 11:37 PM
i dunno alot about turbos but if i wanted more power outa the b16 i'ld go for turbo. Better top end. Super it if you are after abit more balls down low. For the price of both i think turbo is the way to go. Hope other guys can give u an insight on vtec turbo.

ps. pm weq as he has hands on experience on this and if ur nice enough im sure will give u sum good advice.

sheepo
11-03-2005, 12:11 AM
well.. i dun know much bout that since i only plan to continue any car i get thats honda as N/A but if i can i would jsut supercharge anyway... but frankly do a search about the the maintainence bit of it.. so u know how much u neeed to dish out AFTER doing all of this conversion and installation.

panda[cRx]
11-03-2005, 12:27 AM
before u get flamed edit ure post and fix the common mistake :P

i can't help myself....VTECH YO!!!! :D

eg beast
11-03-2005, 08:11 AM
do a fully build GSR turbo

EG5
11-03-2005, 08:55 AM
jdm k20a ;)
i did proved some impressive ET already with a stock internal jdm k20a on an EG hatch - egk20a
12.886@106mph.

SINISTR
11-03-2005, 12:56 PM
hey dude - congrats on getting a CRX first of all. SWEET little cars.

1: check the forums for previous posts - cos I myself have asked that question sometime ago.

2: decide what you want the car for - Drags or Track. Turbo for Drags is better and N/A for track racing. Supercharger is also good for Drags but you don't get as much topend power as Turbo - But more Power off the line.

3: what i find hard to understand is: with all the laws that are lately starting to come more into affect - why the hell would you want to turbo a car anyways? you will have cops of ya ass 99% of the time, your insurance will go through the roof and most of the time these days its pointless street racing anyways - unless you will do propper drag racing - cos cops are usually just around the corner.

These are the points I have looked at about 4 months ago - and decided to stick with NA.

anyways - those are just my IDEAS -you just getting the car and automatically you want to Equip your car with enough BOLT on items to rip the car apart! Learn how to drive it, and suss out the potential it has - its not all about TURBO and SUPERchargers.
The old ZCs still have enough guts in them with mods to rip some turbos anyway.

just my 2 cents - as im starting to strongly opose young drivers who get turbos and then kill themselves few months later because of that reason! unless you can prove me wrong.

Mike

pgclee
12-03-2005, 01:12 AM
If u have the money, a B16a will get down to low 12sec...N/A...and if you have more money, Keep it inside your bank dude...hahaha...

If you want your car to be fast, the only problem that stops you is MONEY...hahaha...

Turbo, N/A has it's own advantages...

sydteg21
22-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Na,na,na

r33zilla
23-09-2005, 10:39 AM
turbo all the way mate