PDA

View Full Version : Go for the Lux or Standard?

ExpressCoffee
28-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Ok, may sound like a stupid question but I can't decide which one to go for right now!

I want the lux because of things like the bigger wheels, HID headlights, heated seats and all, but I do like the cloth trim better than the leather.. Not because I don't like leather, but just because of the few Lux accords I've seen, the leather is not in great condition for a 2006 model car.

Future mods to the car would include:
- I/H/E
- Wheels
- Coilovers

Am I just wasting money of the lux's or should I be looking at the standard?

Should I be modding a lux with those upgrades or does it seem pointless?

** I'm not modding it with the intention to beat people at red lights, just for personal preference.

At the moment there isn't many 2006+ models to choose from, so I'm at a dilema. Should I wait it out? :confused:

antony
28-07-2012, 09:33 PM
If you prefer the cloth,I also do by the way,and intend changing the alloys,get the standard model.

The only thing then missing will be the sunroof,not sure if that is an issue or not...

ExpressCoffee
28-07-2012, 10:56 PM
If you prefer the cloth,I also do by the way,and intend changing the alloys,get the standard model.

The only thing then missing will be the sunroof,not sure if that is an issue or not...

Oh man! Completely forgot about the sunroof!

That's a deal breaker for me... lol
Well, sort of.

Is 18" rims a good size on the car or do 19's look nicer?

I CU2
28-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Is 18" rims a good size on the car or do 19's look nicer?

I think the 18" would suit the CL9 more as it is a slim body but the 19" might look ricer.

Nuggety Nugget
29-07-2012, 02:46 AM
I had to make the same decision a couple of months ago and I decided to go with the standard because the one I found was immaculate with good owners and a good price. The leather seats in all the lux models I looked at looked really old, I find that the black cloth ages much better than the tan leather. I really hate the wood grain interior in the lux models too. I'm still happy with my car but sometimes I wish I did have a lux/nav model. They look better and you can spot the difference from quite far away. Heated seats would be nice in this weather, leather (if it's in good condition), HIDs (I reckon the HID washer covers look good too), nicer wheels, sunroof (not that I'd use it that much), fog lights etc.. It's just a better looking and more equipped car. If you're not in a rush and have the extra money I reckon you should see if you can find a lux in good condition and with black/grey leather. There's something about owning the base model that doesn't sit well with me also. I still love my car but those other things sometimes linger in the back of my mind, but that's me.

alex804
29-07-2012, 08:38 PM
in my opinion, who just owned my lux cl9 less than 2 months, I can't be happier that I glad I bought the lux version. I love the sunroof, auto wiper, HID, heated seat, etc. & I was glad my black leather is still in good condition while the clock is a 1k km close to 100k km. I would suggest you to wait longer and looks for more in market. I was able to get mine in a good price too. The only issue i have with my car is just the driveshaft issue. I also think it is worthy to spend a bit more for lux version (since I think it's not a big price diff for a second hand car compared to current model)

supersaiyan
29-07-2012, 09:02 PM
considering you have money to even think of modding your car i'd go lux! they aren't really apart by a lot in terms of $! you'll regret it one day! you forgot electric seats and headlight washers (personal preference but its good to play around with!)

to fix the leather issue, buy recaros lol!!

ChaosMaster
29-07-2012, 09:46 PM
I bought my base model brand new, but I added stuff like foggies and reverse sensors from dealer. The things I've added to my car, being Foggies, HID's and 18" rims I felt like I wouldn't have needed to if I had the Lux (I actually like the 17s). Having said that, I hate leather, had it in the prelude. Super hot during summer, icy cold in the winter. Heated or not, if you're in a rush, then it won't have time to cool down. Only thing I'm missing now is the sun roof. If you could find one of those special edition tourers, then you'ld be win.

ryaan
29-07-2012, 11:51 PM
get the lux and retrim the leather :)
usually the back are still in good condition.. just retrim the front :)

ExpressCoffee
30-07-2012, 01:27 AM
I had to make the same decision a couple of months ago and I decided to go with the standard because the one I found was immaculate with good owners and a good price. The leather seats in all the lux models I looked at looked really old, I find that the black cloth ages much better than the tan leather. I really hate the wood grain interior in the lux models too. I'm still happy with my car but sometimes I wish I did have a lux/nav model. They look better and you can spot the difference from quite far away. Heated seats would be nice in this weather, leather (if it's in good condition), HIDs (I reckon the HID washer covers look good too), nicer wheels, sunroof (not that I'd use it that much), fog lights etc.. It's just a better looking and more equipped car. If you're not in a rush and have the extra money I reckon you should see if you can find a lux in good condition and with black/grey leather. There's something about owning the base model that doesn't sit well with me also. I still love my car but those other things sometimes linger in the back of my mind, but that's me.

Thank you for your input! You really gave me a good perpective! I'm not really in a hurry, just anxious to get my hands on a Euro. :p

Guess I'll wait for a suitable Euro to come up for now..

considering you have money to even think of modding your car i'd go lux! they aren't really apart by a lot in terms of $! you'll regret it one day! you forgot electric seats and headlight washers (personal preference but its good to play around with!)

to fix the leather issue, buy recaros lol!!

Haha, money will always come with work. :)

I wish I could put recaros in but they'd look too off haha
Plus then no electric seats :(

get the lux and retrim the leather :)
usually the back are still in good condition.. just retrim the front :)

Aren't retrims fairly expensive? :/

Jye
30-07-2012, 05:49 PM
My old man bought a standard 2010 model and after driving it I feel in love and traded my civic. How ever I ended up getting a lux. Some features I noticed which I have that he doesn't is that and I've got auto wipers and auto lights. How ever if he holds his unlock button on his keys his windows wind down before he gets in the car.

egcarbz
30-07-2012, 10:29 PM
yup noticed my parents cu2 lux doesnt have that feature! when my standard 03 has it , hmmmmm

UR34DY
31-07-2012, 08:53 AM
the unlock button so all windows go down are for all euros

ExpressCoffee
31-07-2012, 09:42 AM
the unlock button so all windows go down are for all euros

Though the same..?

HunterZero
31-07-2012, 03:36 PM
CL9 lux has auto wipers, but not auto dusk sensing headlights.

Yup, all Euros should have the windows down feature when you hold unlock on the remote. It's a shame the windows/sunroof don't close when you hold the lock button.

From memory, CL9 lux gains...

Sunroof
Fog lights
Leather seats
Heated front seats (2 levels)
Electric seat adjustment (no seat memory)
Auto rain sensing wipers
HID headlights with washers
2 extra side airbags total 8
17" wheels (2005 onwards)
Auto dimming rear mirror (2006 onwards)

- HZ

ExpressCoffee
31-07-2012, 06:09 PM
CL9 lux has auto wipers, but not auto dusk sensing headlights.

Yup, all Euros should have the windows down feature when you hold unlock on the remote. It's a shame the windows/sunroof don't close when you hold the lock button.

From memory, CL9 lux gains...

Sunroof
Fog lights
Leather seats
Heated front seats (2 levels)
Electric seat adjustment (no seat memory)
Auto rain sensing wipers
HID headlights with washers
2 extra side airbags total 8
17" wheels (2005 onwards)
Auto dimming rear mirror (2006 onwards)

- HZ

With all that, it's hard to pass up getting a luxury. Think I've made my decision.. unfortunately there isn't a manual lux in Vic for sale that I want :(

Thanks for all the info guys!

UR34DY
31-07-2012, 09:51 PM
tried other states? you might find a good deal if you look hard enough, so gl with your search

ExpressCoffee
31-07-2012, 10:09 PM
tried other states? you might find a good deal if you look hard enough, so gl with your search

Only place I look is carsales I figured. But I've always thought it's risky buying cars from other states..

The only close one would be say NSW for me. Isn't it very risky?

alex804
31-07-2012, 10:28 PM
i spent two months to source my arctic blue lux manual cl9.
Good luck with hunting

ExpressCoffee
01-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Oh man! I so should've bought that Modulo 06 Euro but didn't have the $$$!

And the wait begins!

UR34DY
01-08-2012, 07:51 PM
NSW aint far for you at all if you are worried tell them to go to the inspection bay, and they give a report to you and the owner, or just do a revs check its easier and safer if your concern, but if you have paitient then wait for one in melb , and with me i go interstate straight away =] even tho im from nsw

ExpressCoffee
01-08-2012, 08:08 PM
NSW aint far for you at all if you are worried tell them to go to the inspection bay, and they give a report to you and the owner, or just do a revs check its easier and safer if your concern, but if you have paitient then wait for one in melb , and with me i go interstate straight away =] even tho im from nsw

Excuse the ignorance, but inspection bay?? Never knew they existed! How do I find out about em!?

I don't mind flying up there but going up there for nothing, or making a hasty decision because I flew up there is a worry.

alex804
02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
i don't know what requirements you need, but below link one looks gd. & got decent mods already which save you time & $
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/craigieburn/cars/2005-honda-accord-euro-luxury-sedan-19500-ono-/1005049930
& this one got very low km
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-region/cars/2004-honda-accord-euro-sedan/1004684048

ExpressCoffee
02-08-2012, 08:09 PM
i don't know what requirements you need, but below link one looks gd. & got decent mods already which save you time & $
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/craigieburn/cars/2005-honda-accord-euro-luxury-sedan-19500-ono-/1005049930
& this one got very low km
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-region/cars/2004-honda-accord-euro-sedan/1004684048

That white one (minus wheels) Looks very nice but the only problem is I'm looking for 06 or 07 model ones. But thanks mate.

UR34DY
02-08-2012, 08:37 PM
inspection bays are where they full expect the car like your car getting fckd over but instead its to make sure your car is safe and etc...

ExpressCoffee
02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
inspection bays are where they full expect the car like your car getting fckd over but instead its to make sure your car is safe and etc...

Right ok, thanks mate.

Any rough estimate of pricing?

UR34DY
04-08-2012, 12:45 AM
the guy that bought my mates GTR paid $500 so maybe around there?

ExpressCoffee
07-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Damn, quite pricey for that peace of mind. Thanks mate.