PDA

View Full Version : Vtec bogging down no power

baby_phantom
29-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Hi, i was driving my ep3r tonight and all night vtec was fine until on the way home i hit vtec 1st and second gear, then when i shifted into 3rd it bogged down/ vtec crossed over but not loud and didn't have any power.

Im running 5-30 royal purple, my oil level is in the middle between both holes on the dipstick the engine temp was normal.

baby_phantom
29-07-2012, 03:23 AM

HondaTurboVtec
29-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi, i was driving my ep3r tonight and all night vtec was fine until on the way home i hit vtec 1st and second gear, then when i shifted into 3rd it bogged down/ vtec crossed over but not loud and didn't have any power.

Im running 5-30 royal purple, my oil level is in the middle between both holes on the dipstick the engine temp was normal.

You should get a compression test done by a mechanic, make sure all cylinders are good. For the time being check if the oil & other fluids are good. If it's low, top up the required amount, make sure there aren't any leaks. Check the vacuum line to begin with, check the vtec solenoid for any problems.

hmetro24
29-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Imo, i would check camshafts, Are you getting any Cel code?
Could be bad Tune/ ecu related issue, what is rpm does vtec engage ?
Put some more information/ Mods u done to the engine

baby_phantom
29-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Its all standard just a cai, no cel codes hasn't done it before only first time- also the oil level is in the middle could it be that when i shifted from 1st to 2nd it hoped really bad and maybe the oil went low or something for a second causing it to loose power in vtec idk/

HondaTurboVtec
29-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Its all standard just a cai, no cel codes hasn't done it before only first time- also the oil level is in the middle could it be that when i shifted from 1st to 2nd it hoped really bad and maybe the oil went low or something for a second causing it to loose power in vtec idk/

If oil is low, top it up. Make sure there isn't leak & how are the engine mounts?

baby_phantom
29-07-2012, 04:33 PM
good news, even though the oil wasn't that low still above the add line, i topped it off anyway about 1 liter lol it kept lagging and so i drove it for 5 minutes or so with the lag kept hitting vtec and it just went back to normal. Go figure :/

Engine mounts are innovative 60a

HondaTurboVtec
29-07-2012, 04:52 PM
good news, even though the oil wasn't that low still above the add line, i topped it off anyway about 1 liter lol it kept lagging and so i drove it for 5 minutes or so with the lag kept hitting vtec and it just went back to normal. Go figure :/

Engine mounts are innovative 60a

Make sure there isn't any leaks, least you want too happen!

hmetro24
29-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Vtec solenoid seems to be clogged, or oil is dirty. you top up 1 liter. Keep an eye on the oil. Check for leaks...

Jasemas
29-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Have you checked your valve cover to see if its leaking out oil
And if your teg uses a dizzy or not (internal one)... not to familiar with those... check any oil leaks
Also have a look at your oil sump/bolt... Do you change your oil, or does someone else do it (could need a new washer and/or bolt) is there a bit of oil around there

HondaTurboVtec
29-07-2012, 10:52 PM

Have you checked your valve cover to see if its leaking out oil
And if your teg uses a dizzy or not (internal one)... not to familiar with those... check any oil leaks
Also have a look at your oil sump/bolt... Do you change your oil, or does someone else do it (could need a new washer and/or bolt) is there a bit of oil around there

Civic or Integra:?:

He mentioned EP3R which is ^

Jasemas
30-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Lolz my bad... Least you know what im saying... Forgot about the ep3 part

baby_phantom
21-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Turn's out it was my map sensor problem solved now

GU357
21-08-2012, 04:09 PM
good info guise!