PDA

View Full Version : Need to change?

EK1_
29-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Hey guys, i was wondering if i wanted to do a B series swap on my EK1, will i need to change control arms, sway bar and all those other goodies? All i have at the moment are. Coilovers.

Sorry for the newbie question! Cheers guys! :)

bennjamin
29-07-2012, 11:14 AM
No you dont. Keep it in !

EK1_
29-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Why do people change it then? For looks & slightly better handling then i guess?

ceekay101
29-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Probably as an upgrade while the items are already being removed to save labour time doing it afterwards? Also if done all in one go, then the wheel alignment is only needed once not twice after parts have been swapped

bennjamin
29-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Probably as an upgrade while the items are already being removed to save labour time doing it afterwards? Also if done all in one go, then the wheel alignment is only needed once not twice after parts have been swapped

as above -

people generally change the front swaybar and front brakes (if not large enough) - to equal those found in the chassis that the new engine came from :)

EK1_
29-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh, so it's not 100% needed. Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought people change it to get better handling, for looks and because if you did a conversition then the new motor would put a little more strain on the chassis.