PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Wiring

Travis_Gib0
29-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Hello all

My mum just bought a 2006 accord euro luxury. has all the usual stuff. got it home everythings sweet. just decided to have a peak under the steering coloum and noticed a wire soldered to the ignition feed which was then solder to a green and light green wire which looks to be cut from the sunroof harness that goes up to the roof. so i was like okay and started to undo all the electrical tap for all the wires that come out of that sunnrof harness and the wires from the sunroof switch. i then find that the sunroof switch has its red/black, red, and earth soldered into the same colours of the VSA switch.

this has got me puzzled as to why someone has rewired this to be like this. it doesnt effect the VSA or the sunroof in any way no error lights and the sunroof functions as it should. when the wire coming from the igintion to the green and light green wires is disconnected and you press one of the sunroof buttons all that happens is the relays click and no action. so i take it the motors have been wired to ignition and the switched power to the VSA switching power.

any of you guys heard anything of this madness ?
it doesnt bother me as such its just concerning as to what has happened to the car beforehand lol

also the cluster has a small 1cm crack off centre down the bottom. not sure how that happened either. maybe the cluster had to be removed and when they put it back in over tightened a screw or something and cracked the lens

other than that its great and a good pick up i think for a 2006 with 60000kms for $16250.

cheers
Travis

UR34DY
30-07-2012, 01:58 PM
imo i think that the cluster may or have not been changed and it may have had suffered an electrical problems before and just did a dodge job on the wire for the sunroof

Mattis
30-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Weird indeed, could be that someone has piggybacked off the VSA switch for power? Check the fuse for the sunroof - maybe it blew due to a short and instead of finding the source they've tapped into the power feed from elsewhere?