PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers to suit EU3 ?

tiksie
31-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Just wondering if 2001-2005 civic coilovers are suitable on the EU3 ? As in straight bolt on.

I've heard of issues with the EP3/DC5R struts not clearing.

Want to start tracking it for fun, any advice regarding swaybar/suspension/arm interchangable parts will be aweseome!

AWESOME SAUCE!

Thanks guys

Riced_Civic
05-08-2012, 05:49 PM
01-05 is the EU and ES civic so if u buy the specific model for it it will be fine.

in saying so if u want to put the DC5/EP3 coils in it there it takes a bit of fiddling around with them to make it fit.
rear LCA can be used as well.
rear sway bars can be used

trann
14-09-2012, 11:38 AM
it's hard finding coils for the eu3 but not impossible, with some research and sourcing you can come across some online, unfortunately it's not so easy getting them cheap, I've come across a few sets with brands I Havnt heard of such as silver neomax or something ? but you can definitely get them from fulcrum itself but they are quite expensive .. and if you wanna go search more into it as ^ said they are also known as es eu and i think the em2 coils should fit too

martymil
13-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Pedders make coilovers for the eu3 check them out.

A lot of evo 10's are running them, I tried a car fitted with them very impressed.

SHU-ES1
18-10-2012, 09:04 PM
dc5/ep3 coilovers will fit eu3. will need front tie rod ends from dc5/ep3 to fit the front, and the rear coilover need to be grounded down just a little bit at the bottom to fit. other than that, no other issues.

tangyoonee
19-06-2014, 09:40 PM
dc5/ep3 coilovers will fit eu3. will need front tie rod ends from dc5/ep3 to fit the front, and the rear coilover need to be grounded down just a little bit at the bottom to fit. other than that, no other issues.

I fitted coilovers on my 2005 civic hatch and I have the tie rod end issue.
you have mention that it will need front tie rod ends from dc5/ep3 to fit the front
Do they have the same thread size/pattern?