PDA

View Full Version : Help reading dyno sheet

mcOZ
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi guys, just having troubles reading the dyno sheet. Not sure what the numbers in yellow and green represent, does it represent a before and after reading?

Sorry for the noob question! :o

Thanks!

http://i50.tinypic.com/nfo0gi.jpg

lilthug
01-08-2012, 10:26 PM
before and after no doubt

butterfingers
01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
line on the left i torque
line on right is power..

what engine is that, its got a funny looking torque curve. id be interested to feel the in gear pull on this car

mcOZ
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
before and after no doubt

Ah okay, thought so, thanks!

line on the left i torque
line on right is power..

what engine is that, its got a funny looking torque curve. id be interested to feel the in gear pull on this car

The engines a B16A2, just running I/H/E and previous owner stating that it has been tuned

butterfingers
01-08-2012, 10:36 PM
is that what a b16a2 torque curve looks like.

mcOZ
01-08-2012, 10:38 PM
I dont even know hahah i dont know anything about dynos besides the numbers before the letters kW, km/h and rpm

and also, could you please explain to me why the torque curve looks weird? would be nice learning from someone who knows :)

butterfingers
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm no expert on b-series but a k-series is has a bigger bump when aggressive cams kicks in and is less wavy through out the rev range. never seen the b16 torque curve before till now

mcOZ
01-08-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm no expert on b-series but a k-series is has a bigger bump when aggressive cams kicks in and is less wavy through out the rev range. never seen the b16 torque curve before till now

Ah okay fair enough, thanks heaps mate!

dougie_504
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Doesn't look too bad. The smoother the better. Means its been well tuned and you have good power delivery throughout the range, not weak down low then a huge boost around vtec time.

Nice power too :)

mcOZ
02-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Doesn't look too bad. The smoother the better. Means its been well tuned and you have good power delivery throughout the range, not weak down low then a huge boost around vtec time.

Nice power too :)

Thats what i was hoping to hear hahah! Thanks dougie! :)

HondaTurboVtec
02-08-2012, 05:04 PM
It is tuned good, I Love It!

IEVAQ8
02-08-2012, 09:01 PM
the reason this graph isnt as smooth as others is:

its tuned on a hub dyno with corrections to show kw @ the wheels,
However, the graph is uneven due to no slippages or interference like a roller dyno has, which will show a much smoother graph...

butterfingers
03-08-2012, 07:49 PM
the reason this graph isnt as smooth as others is:

its tuned on a hub dyno with corrections to show kw @ the wheels,
However, the graph is uneven due to no slippages or interference like a roller dyno has, which will show a much smoother graph...

So your saying that in a perfect world where there was no slipage, an engines torque curve is meant to look like that?