PDA

View Full Version : disappointed with genuine parking sensor install

sinman
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I just had the dealer install rear parking sensors in my CU2 and they have put the beeper in the back somewhere. I can't hear it when the radio is on and there does not seem to be any volume control for the beeper.
I assumed it would be integrated with the audio system like it was in my old Falcon. That system would turn down the volume of the music automatically so I could hear the beeper and I could adjust the volume of the beeper with the audio volume control.
Also according to my Accord handbook, there should be a switch to turn the sensors off if required. (for towing etc.) I don't seem to have that either. Very disappointed.:(

ChaosMaster
09-08-2012, 12:29 PM
As far as I know, Honda themselves don't make a rear parking sensor for the CU2 or CL9. Dealer fitted ones are after market, thus won't be as good as a system that comes integrated from factory. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it.

redseven
09-08-2012, 12:39 PM

I think yours is an aftermarket install. The factory-fitted system hooks up to the body computer and multifunction display so it shows which front and rear sensors are triggered, but I don't remember the volume being adjustable. There's also a button to disable the sensors in the panel under the aircond vent by the driver's side door.

Tai
09-08-2012, 12:39 PM
How much did you pay for it?

Doesnt sound like a genuine part.

lovesil
09-08-2012, 12:53 PM

I think yours is an aftermarket install. The factory-fitted system hooks up to the body computer and multifunction display so it shows which front and rear sensors are triggered, but I don't remember the volume being adjustable. There's also a button to disable the sensors in the panel under the aircond vent by the driver's side door.

Believe that's only for the Lux model. The basic model will be a aftermarket install.

atrainz
09-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I got an aftermarket parking sensor from ebay for 30$ and pay for labour for 100$. Fair enough i guess. Got quoted from dealer for around 390$ including labour.

kristrifo
10-08-2012, 08:24 PM
i remember when honda invited us to check out the CU2 lux the car had reverse sensors and you could turn the tone on and off

have you looked at the reverse sensor + camera combo that come with a new reversing mirror? my uncle has installed that on his ute and it works a treat!

impossi13le
10-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I got an aftermarket parking sensor from ebay for 30$ and pay for labour for 100$. Fair enough i guess. Got quoted from dealer for around 390$ including labour.

i install reverse sensors all the time at work, unbelievable hwo much they charge for labour because the sensors we are using are just 30 buck kit sensors and it is really, very easy to install them. aftermarket reverse sensors don't have a switch to turn off the beeper, power runs off reverse light

OP, if you cant hear the beeper, try relocating it somewhere closer to you until you're happy. it should have a long cable connected to it just incase you want to reloate

tinymoon
28-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Is there anyone figure out how to increase the volume of OEM parking sensor on Accord Euro CU2.

I have tried all tricks around but I just could not increase the volume on parking sensor. :((

kiat
01-03-2013, 11:12 AM
OEM parking sensors are integrated to the meter console & you can see indicators on the round LCD screen. If yours is not, then it is from third party. You can't adjust the volume.

tinymoon
01-03-2013, 08:08 PM
OEM parking sensors are integrated to the meter console & you can see indicators on the round LCD screen. If yours is not, then it is from third party. You can't adjust the volume.

Mine one is OEM is just too low. I have tried around but it does not work. The little issue is I usually turn music quite loud. :(