PDA

View Full Version : Tyre's to clear Roadworthy VIC

Binny
09-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm in a little bit of a pickle, I have recently bought an s2000 from NSW and have gone to get it roadworthied' but I have been pulled up for worn rear tires... I have taken them to a mechanic friend and he reckons that they are 50/50 (in the sense some may pass them others may not). I cannot afford to purchase 2 new tires as I have to pay a full years rego and stamp duty upon the transfer.

I am looking for someone with roadworthy wheels to fit an s2000 in the S.E suburbs of Melbourne to lend me they're wheels just to get the green slip and they will be returned straight after I obtain it. I will leave my wheels (AP2 17" wheels near new condition) along with some form of identification as assurance (I may need my license to clear roadworthy, I can photocopy if desired). I assure you this is not a scam or any bullshit like that.

Once I have returned the wheels I will pay $50 for the inconvenience, I have until Tuesday to clear the roadworthy.

If there are any other suggestions they will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Binny

whokid
09-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Sweet deal, wish someone can help you soon. I have a set of oem rims but I am in NSW. Good luck

Binny
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Cheers Bud!

pure_na
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
other suggestions - seems odd that nobody you know has wheels with the same stud pattern they can loan you. don't need to be s2k wheels to get a roadworthy, don't even need to be the same size afaik - just wheels with tread on tyres. have you tried swapping with other cars?

EDIT: forgot to add, i would loan you mine but i don't think they'd help

JDM DC2R
10-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Just to inform you. As long as the thread isnt flush with the tabs there legal. Ive had a mechanic claim i had balleds when i went for rego. After i showed him there was still 2 mm in it i got passed!!

Binny
11-08-2012, 01:33 AM
This mechanic I went to is stubborn as ****! and wouldn't listen, the tyres are not flush with the indicator tab but he is nervous because the car is currently registered in NSW and he's assuming the worst...

I have a friend with a dc2r (stock AUDM wheels 15"), you rkn I could get it cleared with those wheels?

JDM DC2R
11-08-2012, 10:08 AM
If there not on the indercater tell him to get F'd and take the rego form eles were. And dont pay.

Also as long as the rims fit. Don't rub you will get through rego fine. And aren't on the tab

Hasbeen
12-08-2012, 12:36 AM
You can get tyres on terms from a number of places. I know Bob Jane places do finance.

An S2000 is not a car to be getting used to with even slightly doubtful tyres.

I recently replaced my rear tyres. Although they were less than half worn, they were almost 6 years old, & loosing their grip in the wet.

S2on20
13-08-2012, 12:05 AM
happy to help mate... pm me

S2on20
13-08-2012, 12:06 AM
btw im located in lynbrook (10 mins from dandenong)

Indie
13-08-2012, 01:02 AM
You can get tyres on terms from a number of places. I know Bob Jane places do finance.

An S2000 is not a car to be getting used to with even slightly doubtful tyres.

I recently replaced my rear tyres. Although they were less than half worn, they were almost 6 years old, & loosing their grip in the wet.I agree. There's no point buying a car if you can't afford the upkeep, and tyres are just as vital as insurance and rego. The S2k is not a forgiving car to drive, and I hope you manage to keep it on the road.

Binny
13-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks all for the input, appreciate the help. I ended up making a deal with a tyre shop, I bought these cheap tyres ($100 each) and used them to pass the roadworthy and then returned them and sold them back to them for $50 each so in the end I was down $100. Once again appreciate all the help and offers guys.

- binny