PDA

View Full Version : Is cabin air/Pollen filter a non standard accessory?

civicer
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
A big hello to all:wave:. This is my first post on the forum and my first Honda, so please bear with me for the noob question.

Three months ago I bought a pre-loved Honda Sport (make year 2006) from the used car section of Honda stealership. I usually drive with fresh air on and off late I noticed there is too much dirt getting into the cabin as well as petrol/diesel fumes the moment I drive behind a vehicle. Upon checking I found out that the cabin air/pollen filter is missing. So I rang the stealership to enquire about it and I was told that it’s a non standard accessory. I was quoted 70 odd bucks if I want one fitted.

Is this true that it’s not a standard accessory or was I just taken for a ride??

DakDak
10-08-2012, 10:49 AM
DC5R's dont come with a pollen/cabin filter either. I learnt this the expensive way as my air got clogged and the whole thing needed cleaning. $350

You'd think its a standard accessory and on many other makes of cars it is standard.

My advice to you is jump on ebay and try to find one. That's where I got mine the brand is Fram I think. Stealerships are designed to steal money.

I never use the fresh air option anyways, because its not really fresh air its used air from whatever is in front of you. I always used cabin air and wind my window down when it becomes stuffy. But still the fresh air option is nice to have.

civicer
10-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the quick reply mate.

DC5R's dont come with a pollen/cabin filter either.

That's some relief. :p

My advice to you is jump on ebay and try to find one. That's where I got mine the brand is Fram I think. Stealerships are designed to steal money.

I think that's the only cheap option and no way I'm getting it from the stealers!!

aaronng
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it's not a standard item for the Civic and Integras. It was standard for the Accord Euro. I just buy mine off ebay. Much cheaper, although they are equivalents and don't fit as easily as the originals.

civicer
10-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the confirmation aaronng. Just bought one from ebay. I went for this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CARBON-Cabin-Air-Filter-Honda-CRV-Odyssey-Accord-Accord-Hybrid-Civic-Pilot-/261031469999?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc6b023af

There are some really good ones available in States but then again after adding shipping charges they get fairly dearer! I failed to locate Fram or Wix mades. Is there any online store overseas thats popular on the forum that sells honda stuff cheaper than down under?

fitme
13-08-2012, 03:49 PM
try cariefresh products

Avs
27-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi guys

I just replaced the pollen filter in my V6L accord 2008, as there wasnt one in my car I am unsure if I put it in the right way up, I have the softer part facing up, is this correct? The other side is the plasticky side?

Thank you

lolmclol
29-10-2012, 06:13 PM
A big hello to all:wave:. This is my first post on the forum and my first Honda, so please bear with me for the noob question.

Three months ago I bought a pre-loved Honda Sport (make year 2006) from the used car section of Honda stealership. I usually drive with fresh air on and off late I noticed there is too much dirt getting into the cabin as well as petrol/diesel fumes the moment I drive behind a vehicle. Upon checking I found out that the cabin air/pollen filter is missing. So I rang the stealership to enquire about it and I was told that it’s a non standard accessory. I was quoted 70 odd bucks if I want one fitted.

Is this true that it’s not a standard accessory or was I just taken for a ride??

I think its only like $15 from the stealership, and its easy as pie to install, basically squeeze your glove box, pull your glove box out further then normal, then you'll see the box to interchange it.

See the second half of the post for a DIY.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/engine/41492-diy-air-cabin-filter-replacement.html

civicer
13-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Sorry for the late reply mate. Its $15 in US of A, down under its a different story. Even on ebay if you want a genuine sent from the States, shipping jacks the price up more than double the price of the filter itself.

lolmclol
13-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Really? .. because I ordered some cowels from the USA last month and I thought the postage was reasonable in all honesty.

Even try amazon, shipping was incredibly fast and cheap when I ordered something last month.

JuDgee
13-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Try FRAM Cabin Air Filter.

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetailWindow.aspx?b=F&pn=CF10134

JuDgee
16-11-2012, 04:13 PM
DC5R's dont come with a pollen/cabin filter either. I learnt this the expensive way as my air got clogged and the whole thing needed cleaning. $350

You'd think its a standard accessory and on many other makes of cars it is standard.

Same here, cost me a bomb to learn this lesson. What is Honda thinking? :thumbdwn:

JOhnnyFD
20-11-2012, 03:24 PM
civic vti 2007, pollen filter is non standard

got the geniune honda one for $52
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/JOhnnyFD1/C360_2012-11-20-15-53-58.jpg

thought it was made in japan, but nah USA
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/JOhnnyFD1/C360_2012-11-20-15-55-55.jpg

link to install (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?89258-Pollen-Filter-FD1-amp-FD2/page3&highlight=pollen+filter).. need to cut out the 9 panels

CrystalSkull
20-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Got my filter replaced at last service , from memory charged $15.

CrystalSkull
20-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Double.

Tai
20-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Dont think its $15 bucks

Friend works at honda and best price he can get it for is $27.50

Avs
20-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Mate eBay sell non genuine for $8 they all do the job waste to pay anymore as some Honda's don't even come out with it

lolmclol
20-11-2012, 09:00 PM

going to back this post up, pretty sure when I bought a stack of other things I got one for 15.

JOhnnyFD
27-11-2012, 10:55 PM
my cars smells "fresher".. or its just me