PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Muffler to EG HB

ejsalcepuedes
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u415/ejsalcepuedes/a990de3c.jpg

This was just given to me by my mechanic and he says that it came off a Subaru, not sure if it's an Impreza or liberty. on the bottom side of the muffler says "AVO Turbo World"

Will this fit into EG HB? obviously, the pipe is way thicker than that of a Civic but that should be an easy job for muffler centres.

Has any one tried using a muffler from a Subaru to their Civics? I want to know the feed backs of such mufflers.

mugen_ctr
10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
a little bit of chopping an welding needed to fit, and also will need new hangers.

And also note the size of the piping on that vs ur cars piping

But nothing a exhaust place wont turn away :)

ejsalcepuedes
10-08-2012, 03:30 PM
how much you reckon they would charge me for that?

That's the first thing I noticed the size of the piping.

will this be too loud for a civic?

ejsalcepuedes
10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I googled "AVO turbo world" and I stumble upon this company that supplies performance parts for Subaru's and I found out that these mufflers are for turbo charged cars, will there be any set back of using this on a non-turbo car?

mugen_ctr
10-08-2012, 04:11 PM
regardless of what the muffler was meant for turbo or n/a, they all use the same design.

prices will always vary place to place, an usually they will charge u based on a hourly rate or around $70 - $80 or if its a simple job around 50 - 100.

taking into consideration of what u shown us, an as i said, it may take up2 1.5 hour job, as there is a bit of customizing involved to fit it.

Sometimes it works out cheaper to get a custom made axle back than modding one to fit, but again ask around the local exhaust places they can tell u the proper answers :)

DreadAngel
10-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Make sure your muffler isn't too big if NA, otherwise you will lose too much backpressure causing you to lose power and torque rather than gain...

eg5civic
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I can't see a shop charging more that 150 for a job like that 200 max. Personally I'd ask them to cut the pipe from the muffler and remake to suit your car with a 2.25 inch pipe (assuming its probably 3" coming off a boosted subaru) And then make new exhaust hangers to fit your car

Latino CRX
10-08-2012, 07:33 PM
sell it to someone with a subaru get the cash spend a little more and get a cat back system for acouple dollars
more than what they would charge you just to put that on

you get can a 2" sports cat back system these days for around $180 - $220 if you find a decent place ...

Johnie
11-08-2012, 02:13 AM
sell it to someone with a subaru get the cash spend a little more and get a cat back system for acouple dollars
more than what they would charge you just to put that on

you get can a 2" sports cat back system these days for around $180 - $220 if you find a decent place ...
+1 , not worth making it fit a civic, get rid of it and buy a catback. i had a cannon muffler easy bolt on, its not as good with a full system

GU357
12-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Make sure your muffler isn't too big if NA, otherwise you will lose too much backpressure causing you to lose power and torque rather than gain...

losing back pressure will not cause it to lose power, but theres a chance that since the pipe all of a sudden gets larger he will lose Flow speed, which will result in power loss

ejsalcepuedes
13-08-2012, 12:21 AM
I reckon the size of the muffler isnt really that big compared to my stock muffler? but never mind, I already gave this to my friend who drives an '06 Accord.

GU357
13-08-2012, 02:30 AM
everyones efforts were wasted then