PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Remote Boot Release issue

liman
10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi guys,

I brought my car to a dealer for service and have them check the remote boot release cause it hasn't been working for a while and they told me that the solenoid needs to be replaced and it'll cost me $300 :eek:

So basically I can't open the boot from my key or from the boot, can only be opened from the one next to driver's seat.
Is there anywhere else I can get it from? $300 seems a bit too much...or not?

Thanks,
Steve

micknews
01-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Had a problem with my boot Lock as far as locking goes. Was also quoted $300 odd for a replacement. You have to buy the whole assembly, Solenoid plus mechanism. Luckily mine came good as I had the same reaction as you when I heard the price!
Let me know if you do find one cheaper somewhere please.

ChaosMaster
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
You could always go round the wreckers if you know what you're looking for. Otherwise, new parts are always going to be expensive. Especially from Honda themselves. Best find a good mechanic and have them look for one for you.

sensei_
01-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Will any of the acura models fit the australian models? parts can be cheaper in the usa

SPQR
02-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Have you first checked that the isolation switch under the parcel shelf in the boot hasn't accidentally been switched to the off position? Something tall in my boot did that once and I went for months thinking that the boot lid switch was not working. I ordered a new Acura TSX part from the USA. I can't remember the price except that it was substantially cheaper than the Honda OZ price (like everything else). Then I came across another thread here and had a light bulb moment. Sure enough, the under-parcel shelf switch was off!