PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Fuse box issues..expensive

euro_run
11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I've been having issues with the fuse box on my 04 euro, symptoms being my wipers not working at all. And when I turn it on, my aircon fan blower stops working.

After a while, the fan turns back on..but the wipers are still no go, also the spray. The fuses for it is in the engine bay..and I've taken to Honda wihch quoted me $800 for a new fuse box :(

This has happened before, where I got a fuse box from the wreckers (god bless em) and got honda to install...but now 6 months on, its happening again!

Anyone ever come across this issue? I got a new fuse box again already..but know of any good auto shop which can install/fix cheaper than Honda?

thx

melbeuro
11-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Auto elec? Deffnitely go and see one, it may be worth while since a good autoelec will guarantee their work. That sounds very fishy, also go back to the dealer and tell them to honour the installation. maybe even hint at a faulty install.

euro_run
16-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I've mentioned to honda, but they insist the fault is with the fusebox I got..which was working fine before. So its not under warrantty, but basically it means the last installation didnt mean jack.
They did diagnostics and its fixed "temporarily" now (which i had to pay for), but if it conks out on me again Im not going back to those guys.

Know of a good auto electrician in Melb? Preferably in west if anyone knows one they were happy with

cheapdouchebag
16-08-2012, 11:18 PM
have u replaced ur intake at all?

might wanna check the grounds over there
when we put my friends CT icebox in - we torqued the bolt that holds all the grounds too tight and caused all sorts of crap to not work. wipers didnt work (he had to drive in heavy rain too) air con doesnt work n stuff. We losened it up a bit and then it began to all work again! this happened about 6 months ago - there were some days right after we losened it it stopped working again so we had a fidget around losening n tightening again.

and now it hasnt failed since - fair to say his planning to replace all his grounds though.

euro_run
16-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Whoooaa... I've got a CT icebox installed..! Sound like a similar issue too with the electronics going kaput. Will have a look this weeknd and see

Are you talking about this bolt that we use to secure the intake horn?

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1592/20111203193811800x600.jpg

have u replaced ur intake at all?

might wanna check the grounds over there
when we put my friends CT icebox in - we torqued the bolt that holds all the grounds too tight and caused all sorts of crap to not work. wipers didnt work (he had to drive in heavy rain too) air con doesnt work n stuff. We losened it up a bit and then it began to all work again! this happened about 6 months ago - there were some days right after we losened it it stopped working again so we had a fidget around losening n tightening again.

and now it hasnt failed since - fair to say his planning to replace all his grounds though.

cheapdouchebag
17-08-2012, 07:08 AM
yep. loosen it up tighten it etc fidget around with it

ajkdark
17-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi,

Don't just loosen it off and fiddle with it. Remove the bolt. Clean up the area with metho or contact cleaner. Clean the spade connectors with metho or contact claner and then put the bolt back and tighten frimly, do not overtighten. You have poor earth connections.

gambate
18-08-2012, 12:18 AM
i would investigate why it is oily/slimy there as well.