PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Headlight back cover

denot
12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi all,

We've just realised that the guy who install HID on our CU2 back in 2009 take the back cover of the headlight off and throw it away.

Anyone can help on where can I found the replacement?

Also, how can we clean inside the headlight coz aparently its really dirty because this back cover are gone... :(

Thanks heaps!

denot

euRo_noob
13-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I think you'd only be able to find a replacement at a Honda dealership.. Order one and pay whatever it costs unless you can find a smashed CU2 lol.

denot
14-08-2012, 11:37 AM
I think you'd only be able to find a replacement at a Honda dealership.. Order one and pay whatever it costs unless you can find a smashed CU2 lol.

Thanks noob (no pun intended :p)

But I'm thinking of replacing the whole headlight now because all the dust and bugs that have gathered inside the headlight cant be clean. Unless I baked them so I can take the front screen off (like when you want to remove the yellow tint on side markers)

euRo_noob
15-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I was thinking that would be the only way to clean it as well but I just didn't type it in case it was obvious lol. But man, I'd be so annoyed if that happened to me! Though usually I check my car every now and then so I might've picked that up earlier (the missing cover). New headlights = $$ hahha. Good luck!

Random question but sort of related, would it be possible to find a smashed CU2 anywhere? Do they send them to wreckers or is there a special place newer cars get sent to? I need some stock parts but I don't want to go to the dealer obviously because it's expensive lol.

denot
15-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that would be the only way to clean it as well but I just didn't type it in case it was obvious lol. But man, I'd be so annoyed if that happened to me! Though usually I check my car every now and then so I might've picked that up earlier (the missing cover). New headlights = $$ hahha. Good luck!

Random question but sort of related, would it be possible to find a smashed CU2 anywhere? Do they send them to wreckers or is there a special place newer cars get sent to? I need some stock parts but I don't want to go to the dealer obviously because it's expensive lol.

My friend refer me to www.honbits.com.au and post a request there. And if they have one, then they can send us the quote (or something like that). But I found a new TSX headlight in ebay for around $400:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390357793430?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
But some says it might not fit our CU2...

And regarding the missing cap, its kinda hidden behind the battery (left hand) and fluid tank (right hand) so even though I check my car and even Topone do the servicing, we still didnt notice this...

Only until recently where the car was on smash repair for a few weeks and bugs and dust start to build up inside the headlights :(

azn_k3nt
15-08-2012, 01:31 PM
really? i put my headlight caps away because i couldnt be stuff screwing some holes into it and no dust have gathered in there yet.

denot
15-08-2012, 01:32 PM
really? i put my headlight caps away because i couldnt be stuff screwing some holes into it and no dust have gathered in there yet.

How long ago did you install it? Mine was on its 4th year... I'll post some pics up tomorrow and probably the stuff coming from somewhere else

roony
15-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Would be much cheaper to just get it opened, cleaned and re sealed over buying a new unit.

denot
15-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Would be much cheaper to just get it opened, cleaned and re sealed over buying a new unit.

Well... Top One wouldnt dare to do it and dealer says cant open it (lol). and I dont want to do it myself... Anyone knows who can help me with this in Sydney?

roony
15-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I have never seen anyone mention anything in Sydney. In Melbourne there is headlight plus. Maybe worth checking with them if they could accommodate you. With postage still shouls be cheaper than buying new units. Though of course it would be hassle.

denot
15-08-2012, 04:32 PM
I have never seen anyone mention anything in Sydney. In Melbourne there is headlight plus. Maybe worth checking with them if they could accommodate you. With postage still shouls be cheaper than buying new units. Though of course it would be hassle.

Thanks roony, and after that I just have to find the cap... hopefuly it didnt cost an arm and a leg from the dealer :(

MR_LATE
16-08-2012, 10:33 PM
let us kno how much itll cost you.. maybe and upgrade to the new headlights cud be an option hehehe

denot
17-08-2012, 09:49 AM
let us kno how much itll cost you.. maybe and upgrade to the new headlights cud be an option hehehe

I was actually thinking of that... but not sure if the new headlight will fit.
Oh regarding TSX aftermarket headlights (the ebay link I've attached before) the seller said it wont fit our CU2. Weird?

roony
17-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I remember reading somehere here that tsx lights shouldnt be installed because they drive on the other side. Meaning that the cut off points for the headlights are different. As our right headlight is lower, their right headlight would be higher and we would then blind oncoming traffic.

But I would think you could adjust it or something, dont know. Maybe the seller was thinking on those lines.

denot
17-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I remember reading somehere here that tsx lights shouldnt be installed because they drive on the other side. Meaning that the cut off points for the headlights are different. As our right headlight is lower, their right headlight would be higher and we would then blind oncoming traffic.

But I would think you could adjust it or something, dont know. Maybe the seller was thinking on those lines.

Hmmm sounds about right... Maybe thats the reason. Somehow the CU2 aftermarket sells more expensive than the TSX. Here's one from MARS Performance in Melb:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-EURO-08-12-DRL-LED-CCFL-Angel-Eyes-Projector-Head-lights-Headlight-/130674604443?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6cd0399b

I CU2
13-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Whoops, wrong thread.