PDA

View Full Version : battery light when open throttle.

GU357
12-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Now that i have managed to fix my Check Engine Light i only have one other nuisance on the dash.
when i Accelerate (or open the throttle at least) the red battery light will glow its and the further down the throttle the brighter it is.

I already know that the person who wired the ECU was a bit of a noob crossing the O2 sensors and kick sensor wires over.
so it might be possible that the wires behind the console are swapped or something.

any ideas on a possible cause
(it might be wired up properly and have an electrical fault elsewhere but i wouldnt put it past the original swapper to make a mistake)

curtis265
12-08-2012, 09:25 PM
It's starting to seem like you should take all the wiring out and put it all back in yourself

GU357
12-08-2012, 11:14 PM
FARK THAT!

nah im pretty sure that the only ones he screwed up were where he clipped the wires for the o2 sensors and then crimped on new wires just to have the colours match standard and thats where he screwed them.
as of yet no more engine codes or CEL on the dash. so im pretty happy with it. just wondering what it could be.
usually when the battery light is on u rev it and the light goes off as the alternator begins to charge the battery maybe its mounted backwards