PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Audio Fuse

Mattis
13-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi guys,

As part of diagnosing a battery drain issue I'm having with my standard CL9 lux I decided to eliminate the audio system from the equation by removing the fuse. It wasn't labelled specifically on the interior fuse panel so I consulted the manual which lists "Audio" as being fuse number 5 from the bottom left hand corner.

I promptly removed this but then to my surprise the stereo turned on and is running as normal. No error/warning lights on the dash are appearing and all the accessories seem to still being working.

Is this normal - is there another fuse I'm missing here?

-[NoS]-
14-08-2012, 07:23 PM
on mine... its number 6... its connected with the ceiling lights... 10 amp fuse

i trip it sometimes coz ive got a double din below and the factory headunit is still connected...
i think its sharing the ground/power or something... havent gotten around to fix it...

Mattis
16-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Weird that it's labelled as number 5 in the manual, so maybe it is sharing load between the two circuits (i.e. it's own on number 5 and then the ceiling dome on number 6). Still confused how it can keep working if number 5 is pulled.

Here is the manual showing number 5 is audio:

http://members.westnet.com.au/mattis/fuse.jpg

Any chance someone can pull the number 5 fuse on theirs and see if the audio system still comes on?

I noticed my 20 amp audio fuse had some black track marks on the blades of the fuse, possibly pointing to some excess current load there.

roony
16-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I tested it. Pulled 5 and everything still working. Then pulled 6 by itself and audio along with the interior lights stopped working. So i guess just pull 6.

Mattis
16-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I tested it. Pulled 5 and everything still working. Then pulled 6 by itself and audio along with the interior lights stopped working. So i guess just pull 6.

Cheers, thanks for that mate. It's reassuring to me that at least nothing fishy is going on with regards to the wiring in the car (which is what I suspected seeing that it's totally stock one owner car).

-[NoS]-
16-08-2012, 08:07 PM
there you go.. 6 is the winner... :P