PDA

View Full Version : Which suspension for your EP3

TonyxTony
13-08-2012, 06:48 PM
My suspension is making heaps of noise. I think its time to get it replaced.

Anyone got any idea? what setup do you guys run?

Thanks heaps!
Tony

brody
13-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Suspension as in coilovers?

butterfingers
13-08-2012, 08:13 PM
tein type flex

kenny07
13-08-2012, 08:15 PM
i cant afford anything for some odd reason so im running on stock suspension! :)

TonyxTony
14-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Just something that is decent for decent price. not alot of money too :(

-JC-
14-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Just something that is decent for decent price. not alot of money too :(

What's your budget mate?

I've said it before and I will say it again, unless you plan on having your car on the track regularly and really want to push things to the limit with adjustability, and your on a budget, a well matched shock and spring combo will serve you well. Funnily enough, the standard setup that you have is actually 'coilovers' i.e.: coil over the top of a shock. If you were to upgrade your shocks and springs, you still have these 'coilovers' you just wont have camber and castor adjustment, but if you don't need them, save your cash and just do the springs and shocks.

I have not had any experience with changing springs in an EP3, so I can't recommend a spring, but if your after some decent priced shocks with some damper adjustability, you won't go wrong with Koni yellows. I've had a few sets now. If your buying locally (i.e.: Brisbane) I can put you in touch with a bloke who can help you.

DreadAngel
14-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Go with Shocks and Springs [As mentioned above Koni Yellows would work nicely, unsure if Bilsteins are available for EP3R], team it up with swaybars and if you're able to find PU bushings for your CAs and Swaybars, do them as well, the rubber ones will be old and possibly squashed/broken/frayed so the suspension setup probably not working as well as it should. This should give you a tight but compliant ride without crushing your pelvis...

TonyxTony
15-08-2012, 10:51 AM
thanks for the info, i will do some research about koni yellow

intertia
18-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Bilsteins are available for the EP3, B14 series Part No. #47-118768 - this is a complete coilover (uses stock top hats), you can get them from Balance Motorsport in the UK, was around $1350 when I ordered.

Koni valved to match springs are good too, you'll probably find that Hyperco and Eibach Racing springs are the ones recommended by the majority of people.

TonyxTony
17-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey guys,

After some research I think I am pretty keen on the Koni yellow coil over kit from Ground Control.
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=522/CA=71

Anyone have experience with them?

Is the above link the same as: http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/GCKoni.html?

Thanks alot.

doosra
17-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I got neomaxx silver's on mine recently. I just wanted something thats height adjustable and cheap and it does the job. I found them a bit more comfy then stock as the stock ep3 ride is fairly firm. Only problem I had with the coil overs are that the perches tend to come loose which is a pain, but I loctitied them and they're find now. You might have that problem if u go coilovers because of the macpherson struts.