PDA

View Full Version : Need Detailing Help for your Ride? Ask here - we are happy to help!

CarCareProducts
20-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Some of you may not know but we are always glad to help and answer any questions from products we carry and ones we don't! We enjoy detailing as much as you and always want to ensure everyone is using the right products for the right job and more so the correct way!

Can be anything simple from what polish to use on your Simmons Wheels, Wheel Cleaners for your ADV, HRE, Wedsports, Rotiform, BBS, OEM Wheels, Stains on your paintwork, Water stains on your Glass or even something as confusing as correcting your paintwork. Whatever help you may need feel free to post and ask!

Feel free to post and ask or even share with others your knowledge if need be!

Also don't forget to check our HOW TO Section Here (http://howto.carcareproducts.com.au) and also our YouTube Video Guides (http://www.youtube.com/carcareproducts) as well.

kcokla
25-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Question -

My car has recently got a respray - its a dark color, and i want to keep it in the best condition i can,

So far i've washed it once with meguirs next gen tech 2 wash as it was parked outside for a couple of days and since been garaged.

I plan on waxing it to give it that shine when summer comes around along with obviously another wash

Should i be clay baring it too? being brand new paint, i dont want to take off a thin layer (clay bar does this, correct?) and obviously i dont want to cut it back as th epaint and clear coat are good. -

Should i be clay baring?

and

could you give a detailed description/suggestions/thoughts on waxing by hand vs machine

thanks

CarCareProducts
27-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Hey mate,

I'd clay it now, and protect it now. (clay will do nothing minus remove overspray and contaminants, wont harm the paint at all). You would have to re-wax every 2/3 months if you chose to go with a premium carnauba wax though.

You should definitely also be washing with 2 buckets (www.youtube.com/carcareproducts) and a soft microfibre mitt, or genuine lambswool mitt and NOT using a chamois but a microfibre drying towel for a dark colour to avoid any marring to the paintwork!

You never wax with a machine, carnauba waxes tend to go on by hand, and be removed by hand usually. Synthetics can be applied by machine, but not many, in fact very little.