PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Integra struts

YoungBl00d
20-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Hey! Another noob thread by me. I need to raise my car to get it through inspection.

To change the struts, is it simply a matter of jacking up the car, undoing the control arm bolt, brake line bolts and strut brace bolts and pulling it out? Then I can simply put in the OEM suspension and bolt it back up?

What are the best tools to get this done? Any advice? I tried searching but couldn't find many guides or tuts or anything. Thanks!

Renaissance_x
21-08-2012, 12:00 AM
I find gregorys car manuals andd haynes guides are a great help when working on cars. If you are worried get a mate who has done this sort of thing before to help you. Gregorys car manual and haynes guides cover all this sort of stuff, basically tell you how to take your who car apart.

mnc
21-08-2012, 12:18 AM
It's all pretty straight forward to remove and replace suspension in the integra dc2. It's a bit in depth explaining step by step but I'm sure anyone can do it.

Please be careful if you do attempt to do it. Make sure the car is secure on jack stands and that you are working on a "Flat" surface.

For tools just the basic hand tools.

Breaker bar for removing the tough to remove bolts.
Ratchet + extensions.
Sockets 10mm,12mm,14mm,17mm (that's the main and common size you will need)
Spanners in the same size as the sockets.

optional things.
Wd-40 to lubricate and protect.
Thread locker, Loctite is a good brand