PDA

View Full Version : Any issues with 1995 Honda Accord VTI

alice001
21-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Just bought this car with 260kms on it and was wondering what issues I need to look out for with this model...Thanks
I also need hub covers for the 15in x 6.5 std alloy wheels.....how much and where do I get replacemants? ....Alice

xenonkuraz
21-08-2012, 08:48 PM
I've owned 3 CD5's in the past and you're very lucky to have bought one! It is extremely reliable, having the 94-97 models built in Japan.

Problems I've noticed over the 3 were the antennas, door locks, clutch master/slave cylinders, window modules.

Not much really...they are very tough and built to last. If serviced well, should take you to the 300kms mark easily and beyond.

alice001
22-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks....I thought they were a good model....Alice

YOanthony
22-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Just bought this car with 260kms on it and was wondering what issues I need to look out for with this model...Thanks
I also need hub covers for the 15in x 6.5 std alloy wheels.....how much and where do I get replacemants? ....Alice

These cars, as xenonkuraz are extremely reliable. I currently have one (for 1.5 years) and I have had no problems that I haven't created myself.
For that amount of kms, I would keep a look out for the engine mounts. I doubt that the rear had ever been changed (and it's not a job you want to do yourself).
There's nothing in particular you need to watch out for, these cars will literally go forever with the proper care and regular servicing. A few Accord members have gotten theirs up to 430,xxxkms and they are stil running strong.

These cars aren't full of surprises (when it comes to things breaking) but people have small, unrelated problems here and there.

Jasemas
23-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Theyre awesome car
Until an old lady drives into one and writes it off
But i'd keep an eye out for your master brake cylinder
And as Ceedeefive said a few threads agois your balance shaft seals - mine are leaking. As the person who did the timing belt didn't replace them
You also want to have a look around your distributor cap and oil pressure switch (i think thats what it's called)
Have a check around the valve cover your gasket might need replacing
Good luck

vondutch
29-12-2014, 10:08 PM
guys! I have a question... Have a spare racing coil overs from Honda Integra 1997, you reckon it would fit my Honda accord 1995???