PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

iinjektd
24-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Got my front mounts replaced at Good Performance Centre in Yennora last month
and they are broken again. Use my car daily just to drive to work and back. Dont thrash it cos it also has a new clutch installed and took it back and they refuse to replace it unless i pay up. Apparently they said its due to the driver and their bad driving? One of the workers also said they snapped one after 2 weeks of getting a brand new one?

shadou
24-08-2012, 09:08 AM
should be a parts warranty on it, unsure on labour though

trism
24-08-2012, 10:25 AM
1. It is covered under warranty. If you paid, and got a receipt for parts and labour, its covered. If they wont do it, take it further. Australia has tough laws on not honouring warranties.
2. It may be a combination of all the mounts damaged. If the rear/side engine mounts are broken, itll put more stress on the others, causing premature failure.

iinjektd
24-08-2012, 01:40 PM
I've called Fair Trading and they said they must replace it.
I was asked to approach the business again to see if they would replace it they disagreed.
Formal complaint has been lodged. They will launch an investigation within 30 days.

My first time at this mechanic and there was no customer service whatsoever. They weren't friendly about it and handled the matter very unprofessionally. Won't be back again.

bennjamin
24-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Sounds like they used second hand parts.

Good luck with chasing it up

mocchi
24-08-2012, 02:50 PM
how much were you charged for the mounts+labour intially?

DakDak
24-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Good Performance Centre are a pack of dodgey theives led by Charlie.

I used to go there, until i caught onto their shenanigans.

EDIT : An no, brand new engine mounts do not just "snap' after 2 weeks of use. Unless your doing stuff you shouldnt be to begin with.

iinjektd
24-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Mounts as on receipt was $120
Labor was included as a whole cos i had other things installed clutch, LCA etc..
Whole bill was $1500.

I wish i knew these guys were dodgy.. and yes they were second hand parts. They told me they were second hand and Fair Trading would not be able to do anything about it because it was second hand. Also they did not notify me they were going to use 2nd hand parts.

Also when i went back for them to look at it they said i needed some piece on my exhaust to be changed..
Then when i took it somewhere else because i didn't want to deal with them anymore.. I was told it didn't need replacing at all.. dodgy much?

mocchi
24-08-2012, 04:06 PM
well just dont go back there from now on.
no matter what you do, trash it as hard as you possibly can new mounts wont break after 2 weeks lol
unless you wrap it around a pole ey

give fair trading a call anyway and get explanation or more help from them.
who cares what gpc say

JDM DC2R
24-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Apartment of fair trading. Call them and they will follow it up for you. As long as the car hasn't seen any track or drags since the install. Only road use. And no accident or tampering on your behalf they will have to hold warranty. Also if they installed it they replace it free of charge, including labour.

Only time parts warranty wont include labour includes you supplying the part or you requesting a 2nd hand,rebuilt from a other source!

DakDak
24-08-2012, 05:24 PM
PLEASE CHASE IT UP AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES YEA?

I'd very much enjoy watching these fu(kers sizzle.

GU357
25-08-2012, 01:29 AM
thats so dodgey.....
they used second hand parts without notifying you, and then dodge warranty because its second hand.

they should go down.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
25-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Even without torque mounts your new mount should've lasted a fair while.

Do what you gotta go.

Get 'em

iinjektd
27-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Will update this thread with what's happened :D

Drifter995
27-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Will update this thread with what's happened :D

please do

iinjektd
29-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Update

Just recieved a call from fair trading and the guy i was speaking with is mediating between parties ( the business and I ).

The business is arguing that the mount they have changed is the 'other' side of the front mount. The other one they didn't touch.
Though on the reciept it does not state which side they have replaced.

I have already had it repaired somewhere else and as soon as the work was done the workshop i took it too gave me a receipt with the work they have done
and stating which side they have worked on.

I need to fill out something on the fair trading website that will cost me $39 to get my $120 back and go to court. I will have to show evidence and create a case.

GU357
29-08-2012, 04:38 PM
hmm well keep us posted!

DakDak
29-08-2012, 08:24 PM
PLEASE pursue it.

Not only will you get your money back -$39 but you would have brought these thieves into the spotlight.

DC2-PWR
29-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Hope you tried to get as much of evidence/proof you can. Read this for motivation

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers/Motor_vehicles/Steps_to_buying_a_car/Case_study_buying_a_used_car_warranties.html

DakDak
06-09-2012, 02:45 PM
You fry this fu(ker yet?

amant02
09-09-2012, 01:22 AM
I thought that shop was good, whoa what selfish people. Recently got a quote from them and seemed pretty cheap compared others located nearby.

Not going there anymore.

Drifter995
09-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I know it's only been 10 days, but any progress?

joeyybruh
09-09-2012, 03:37 PM
wow that's dodgy. well done to you for going to fair trading. it's the best thing to do.

I have hasport mounts , I've driven 5000 kms since and they havent moved in the slightest aha . deff used second hand parts or just a case of horrible service .

so many dodgy places its not funny.

I myself am still in the progress of going to fair trading about one business.

GU357
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
wow that's dodgy. well done to you for going to fair trading. it's the best thing to do.

I have hasport mounts , I've driven 5000 kms since and they havent moved in the slightest aha . deff used second hand parts or just a case of horrible service .

so many dodgy places its not funny.

I myself am still in the progress of going to fair trading about one business.

name and shame?

joeyybruh
09-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm worried naming and shaming will cause a few upsets . so I guess it's best keeping quiet for now ..

mind you everyone I've spoken to has had personal experience or have heard from others about their dodgyness.

let's just say they were part of a fued that occurred at world time attack 2012..

BseriesPLZ
09-09-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm worried naming and shaming will cause a few upsets . so I guess it's best keeping quiet for now ..

mind you everyone I've spoken to has had personal experience or have heard from others about their dodgyness.

let's just say they were part of a fued that occurred at world time attack 2012..

would they happen to be traders on here ? Do they actually have a mechanical license ?! Good luck with any warranty....report them to the ATO or fair trading !

GU357
09-09-2012, 08:00 PM
well if they werent dodgy they wouldnt have to be shamed. but good point, dont need to slam then until the verdict is out.

DakDak
09-09-2012, 08:13 PM

Yea agreed. Lets just keep this on the single trader and OP's experience.

iinjektd
17-09-2012, 12:25 PM
UPDATE

The business has contacted me and wants to settle the matter outside of court. They are offering $120 cash or transfered into bank account.
What would you do if you were in my shoes?

DakDak
17-09-2012, 12:36 PM
FU9KING GOOD ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT TAKE THE $120

THEY HAVE GOT A TREASURE CHEST FULL OF ILL-GOTTEN GOLD.
Some of that is my money. Stolen from me. You have my blessing to claim it. I'd rather have it in your hands, then in a thieves den.

REAM them for more. Just like they tried to ream you.

They are obviously on the retreat now.

I'd demand $500.

iinjektd
17-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Is there a possibility to get more if i only paid so much for what im claiming?

DakDak
17-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Say its to compensate you for fuel, time wasted, grief, unneccessary strain put on your daily life for someone else's error.

Chriskoss
17-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Say its to compensate you for fuel, time wasted, grief, unneccessary strain put on your daily life for someone else's error.

Exactly

You had to go elsewhere to get the job re-done when you should have got it sorted out the first time

You had to drive to another place, possibly leave your car there, and wait for the work to be completed.

This is all inconveniences to you and has ''costed you time and money''

If you want to be a bastard back to them, and you have every right to be, tell them you had to miss a day or two of work because you had to go elsewhere to get your car fixed properly

Claim 400 and if they don't play ball, tell them you'll see them in court, they'll shit there pants

These business's think they have all the power, until you contact fair trading or the consumer commision, then they tuck their d*ck's between their legs and cry

iinjektd
17-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Just say they lose the case in court and pay me. Do they get a fine from fair trading? What's going to stop them from doing something like this again?
Their should be more consequences rather than having to pay the money back right?

GU357
17-09-2012, 01:55 PM
dont forget the 50 to place the complaint to fair trading.

DakDak
17-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Exactly

You had to go elsewhere to get the job re-done when you should have got it sorted out the first time

You had to drive to another place, possibly leave your car there, and wait for the work to be completed.

This is all inconveniences to you and has ''costed you time and money''

If you want to be a bastard back to them, and you have every right to be, tell them you had to miss a day or two of work because you had to go elsewhere to get your car fixed properly

Claim 400 and if they don't play ball, tell them you'll see them in court, they'll shit there pants

These business's think they have all the power, until you contact fair trading or the consumer commision, then they tuck their d*ck's between their legs and cry

DAMN STRAIGHT.

Just say they lose the case in court and pay me. Do they get a fine from fair trading? What's going to stop them from doing something like this again?
Their should be more consequences rather than having to pay the money back right?

Best thing to do would be call that mediator at fair trading you've been working with and ask.

Drifter995
17-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Exactly. Get your money back from them, and the money it cost the other company to fix their mistake, and time and such.
ezpz. Hopefully you get your way.

Chriskoss
17-09-2012, 09:10 PM
DAMN STRAIGHT.

Best thing to do would be call that mediator at fair trading you've been working with and ask.

Yeah, they'd most likely get a warning. If it happens again they'd probably get a few thousand dollar fine..

I've dealt with massive business's who laughed me off when I complained to them

Then the head manager finds out I'm taking them to the Dep. of Fair Trading and he personally called me up himself and asked who I dealt with in the business. I think the below manager got fired and I got 3000 dollars compensation :D

jase89
18-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Charlie aye, yea his a dodgey guy he ripped me off for a conversion over 2 years ago, though back then i didnt know much about hondas. Now, i dont go there anymore.

btw he owns a NSX-r too he brings it on the weekends, i too have sat in it, he gave me his keys for a quick photoshoot. Personally i think its all the money from the scam and profit he did from all the unsuspecting customers :/

DakDak
18-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Charlie aye, yea his a dodgey guy he ripped me off for a conversion over 2 years ago, though back then i didnt know much about hondas. Now, i dont go there anymore.

btw he owns a NSX-r too he brings it on the weekends, i too have sat in it, he gave me his keys for a quick photoshoot. Personally i think its all the money from the scam and profit he did from all the unsuspecting customers :/

I know the feeling.

Jasemas
18-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Key his NSX...?
Sorry blasphemy

Indie
18-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Even though the guy is a prick, you just don't **** with another man's automobile.

EKVTIR-T
18-09-2012, 11:20 PM
If people scam and dodge people financially then a brick to the car is par for the course if no solution is offered

Jasemas
18-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm sure hes worse than a prick...
More like scum of the Earth

GU357
19-09-2012, 12:57 AM
See if you can get the terrorist hand book online, then make a device that could be left in his parking space and paint it black to match the road when he parks on it boom!

but not the NSX thats too nice to waste

GU357
19-09-2012, 01:02 AM
or weld 8 nails together at the heads so that they form a jack (like from that dumb ball game).
then scatter them to blow his tyres, without smashing the car.

DakDak
20-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Even though the guy is a prick, you just don't **** with another man's automobile.

That rule only applies if that person hasn't been ****ing with other men's vehicles. In which this case he has.

Repeatedly.

DakDak
28-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Any news?

lolmclol
28-09-2012, 03:43 PM
potato in exhaust, he'll definitely experience that explosive vtec