PDA

View Full Version : Euro rubber refill problem

by-life
24-08-2012, 05:49 PM
How do you fix the rubber refill problem?

I got a Honda Euro 06.
I had purchased three times from honda dealer, unfortunately, each time only last a year.
Genuine one doesn't prove quality from refill can know.

Now I tried to search auto shops and websites, but it is very hard to get right one which is 6mm 26" rubber refill.

My question is that how do you replace your refill instead of changing whole blade?
If you get right one, please let me know the brand, and does matter over size, I can cut it.

Fredoops
24-08-2012, 06:00 PM
How do you fix the rubber refill problem?

I got a Honda Euro 06.
I had purchased three times from honda dealer, unfortunately, each time only last a year.
Genuine one doesn't prove quality from refill can know.

Now I tried to search auto shops and websites, but it is very hard to get right one which is 6mm 26" rubber refill.

My question is that how do you replace your refill instead of changing whole blade?
If you get right one, please let me know the brand, and does matter over size, I can cut it.

to be honest, I endup replacing the whole blade with aero-wipers, turned out to be cheaper then stuffing around with rubbers

by-life
24-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I checked the whole blade. A pairs will cost $54.

sensei_
24-08-2012, 07:16 PM
in just blades? better off just replacing with aero wiper retrofits and get it over and done with. esp for something used for like 3 months of the year.

Fredoops
24-08-2012, 08:16 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Flat-Wiper-Blade-Honda-Accord-CL-Euro-03-07-/220844775384?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336b5fd7d8#ht_1393wt_1397

30 odd dollars

MR_LATE
25-08-2012, 02:00 AM
thats pretty cheaps if comparing to SCA that sells them for 32$ for a single blade

by-life
26-08-2012, 01:26 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Flat-Wiper-Blade-Honda-Accord-CL-Euro-03-07-/220844775384?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336b5fd7d8#ht_1393wt_1397

30 odd dollars

thanks for the link. Don't know what is the refill size of driver side, 6mm or 7mm? If 7mm, it will be easy to be replaced later.

HunterZero
27-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Windshield wiper rubbers are quite soft to prevent scratches to the windshield, so they are perishable, treat them as a consumable item. I wouldn't expect them to last more than a year or so before they start to dry out, especially if you park in the sun where there is lots of UV light.

- HZ

by-life
27-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Windshield wiper rubbers are quite soft to prevent scratches to the windshield, so they are perishable, treat them as a consumable item. I wouldn't expect them to last more than a year or so before they start to dry out, especially if you park in the sun where there is lots of UV light.

- HZ

It is not enough for only a year, at least 2 years (2 raining seasons).

HunterZero
27-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Just because you want something to be so, does not make it so.

From what you've said, apart from not living up to your expectation, there's no problem with the quality of the OEM blades. They are rubber so will degrade and need replacing after about 12 months, shorter if you park outside all the time and don't clean the dirt from them. When the wipers start leaving streaks, they are on the way out.

If you want wiper blades to last longer, find some silicon ones. But make sure you check them regularly after 12 months for damage and clean dirt from them regularly from day 1, or you'll end up with damaged wiper blades and fine scratches on your windshield in the pattern of the wipers.

- HZ

tron07
28-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I bought the refills from SuperCheap Auto... there is only 1 that is long enough for the Euro when I was looking around.

chuboy
28-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I bought OEM refills and within 3 months they were as crap as they were before I replaced them. Left streaks, noisy and and chattery under essentially conditions. Poor value overall. Replaced with blades from ebay. We'll soon see if they outlast the OEMs.