PDA

View Full Version : ek9 type r DRIVESHAFT question

MYEK9
27-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Went to go get a wheel alignment the other day, because my steering wheel was pratically diagonal left when i am driving straight.. The bloke doing the wheel alignment told me that my right drive shaft was stuffed, and the wheel alignment failed.

someone with knowledge please let me no to fix the issue of my steering, and would i need to change the boots of the driveshaft, or change the whole part.

drifter
28-08-2012, 10:16 PM
well, if your drive shaft is stuff up. might as well get it replace.

mocchi
29-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Went to go get a wheel alignment the other day, because my steering wheel was pratically diagonal left when i am driving straight.. The bloke doing the wheel alignment told me that my right drive shaft was stuffed, and the wheel alignment failed.

someone with knowledge please let me no to fix the issue of my steering, and would i need to change the boots of the driveshaft, or change the whole part.

probably cv boot torn, tie rod got really greasy and your guy cbf doing wheel alignment.
dont think driveshaft got anything to do with wheel alignment at all.

90LAN
29-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Maybe he rounded your nut and thats why he couldnt do it

mocchi
29-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Maybe he rounded your nut and thats why he couldnt do it

lololol this too

happened to me at beaurepairs.
had to drive back home, dremel nut off, remove tie rod and put new nut.

bastards.

MYEK9
31-08-2012, 06:28 PM
lolll, the issue was before the wheel alignment, i thought the ek needed a wheel alignment since the steering wheel was terrible! but when i went their the bloke reckons that my right driveshaft was f******!

what would i be looking at for a mechanic to take the driveshaft out to check if the boots need replacing, dont no alot about driveshafts! sorry guys!

90LAN
31-08-2012, 07:03 PM
most driveshaft shops will fit and replcae for around 200